Dark tip on the lod trees

moduntilitbreaks

Question

I've been practicing using the three musketeers, xLodGen, TexGen and DynDoLod. Mostly just referring to the GamerPoets tutorials and STEP settings, and i'm faily beginner when it comes to these things. Currently i've been pretty satisfied, but i'm noticing dark tip on the lod trees (image)

Is this something i need to fix on TexGen settings?

lod-error.png

4 answers to this question

I assume those are not LOD trees, since they only appear in the foreground. It's most likely a combination of the textures and the normal faces of those areas of the mesh. You can try changing the branch textures you are using with that mod.

13 hours ago, z929669 said:

I assume those are not LOD trees, since they only appear in the foreground. It's most likely a combination of the textures and the normal faces of those areas of the mesh. You can try changing the branch textures you are using with that mod.

My lack of experience shows here, so when i walk closer those dark tip trees get replaced with hires ones and then the trees are fine, i think. That's why i thought they're lod trees :) 

Edit: it get's weird, i can see the dark tip in the TexGen (picture)

treeweird.png

Edited by moduntilitbreaks

4 hours ago, moduntilitbreaks said:

My lack of experience shows here, so when i walk closer those dark tip trees get replaced with hires ones and then the trees are fine, i think. That's why i thought they're lod trees :) 

Edit: it get's weird, i can see the dark tip in the TexGen (picture)

treeweird.png

Post actual information. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

Turn off/on LOD to see if the in-game screenshot shows LOD. 

How does the side views/back look in TexGen? How does it look when previewing HD billboards? How does the full model look from front/sides/back in NifSkope?
Default tree LOD billboards use the front view of the full model. Is that not how the full model looks in NifSkope / from the front in the game?

Why are you not posting logs? Why are you withholding the tree mod name?
Have you tried generating HD billboards and generating ultra tree LOD as  suggested to see if it looks any better in game?