FOV

Kattmandu

I'm trying to change the FOV in my game to no success.  When I modify fDefaultWorldFOV using BethINI, the FOV doesn't change in game.  I tried changing it to an extreme value of 150 to make it noticeable in-game but it still looks like it's set to 80.  The change in FOV is noticeable if I start a new game but doesn't seem to change any existing saved games (even if I load an old save and create a new save).  Is that how it's supposed to work?  Only when starting a new game?

image.thumb.png.5f4bf0ee9047f98dd336c54cbe6f7948.png

Edited by Kattmandu

FOV is among the information that gets coded into your save file, and INI changes to it are only visible upon starting a new character. In order to change fov on an existing save, you have to use the FOV console command. Using this and then saving *may* or may not save the new FOV into the save file. It may not persist throughout the life of the save. See this topic where I talk about FOV some more: 

7 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

FOV is among the information that gets coded into your save file, and INI changes to it are only visible upon starting a new character. In order to change fov on an existing save, you have to use the FOV console command. Using this and then saving *may* or may not save the new FOV into the save file. It may not persist throughout the life of the save. See this topic where I talk about FOV some more: 

Interesting.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I'll be sure I get the FOV set right before starting new play-throughs from now on.