DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, IcyyCold said:

When I run TexGenx64, it runs through normally then restarts my computer with it not even being finished. I have used DynDOLOD for years and never had any troubles until now. I installed it correctly, it's using as much memory as it needs, but it is restarting my computer without giving a log. I did assign every tick box "grass, trees, trees hd, and rendering" so maybe that has something to do with it. It's not a specs problem as I have a very high end rig. Any help would be appreciated

The PC has a hardware, OS or driver issue. Simple programs like TexGen do not restart  computers, obviously. Since the PC forcefully shuts down, the innocent program is terminated and can obviously not write logs or anything. Check the Event Log of the OS.

I currently have the problem that I have pink tree lod for just a single tree "gkbreachclifftree02" (xx00ab1f)  from the mod "Myrkvior - The Flora of Skyrim". I have tried re-installing the Dynlodod-Ressources, re-installing the Mod inclusive the enhanced Textures, then running TexGen and finally re-Running DynDOLOD, but I still have those pink LOD-Textures for this single tree in the Reach.

Could anyone point me into the right direction, on where I would have to look next?

14 hours ago, sheson said:

The ground is terrain LOD textures. Looks like not all of the terrain LOD textures for the 4 LOD levels were generated with the same settings or maybe LOD level 32, which is also used for the map, is from another (map) mod. Either generate all terrain LOD textures with the same settings or in case it is LOD level 32 texture from a (map) mod that you want to keep, increase the object/terrain LOD level 16 distance (fBlockMaximumDistance) or just the terrain LOD multiplier (fSplitDistanceMult) in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings.

Ah, it's my map mod, then. That makes total sense -- thank you so much! What a delight to get Skyrim looking so beautiful with your tools.

1 hour ago, aufisch said:

I currently have the problem that I have pink tree lod for just a single tree "gkbreachclifftree02" (xx00ab1f)  from the mod "Myrkvior - The Flora of Skyrim". I have tried re-installing the Dynlodod-Ressources, re-installing the Mod inclusive the enhanced Textures, then running TexGen and finally re-Running DynDOLOD, but I still have those pink LOD-Textures for this single tree in the Reach.

Could anyone point me into the right direction, on where I would have to look next?

Read the first post.

Pink textures typically means textures are missing. Check the log for warnings about textures that can not be found for example.

Make sure to properly install the mod and its files/requirements.

Oops, thought I had latest. Still highly recommend supporting the 

-nowic

parameter, as it's included as an OS workaround for MS operating systems in texconv. Uncompressed textures might work, didn't try that

Now trying Alpha 35 in a fresh directory, some bad things seem to happen:

[00:01] <Debug: Processing coast dragonborn.esm LandscapeVolcanicAshTundra01 [TXST:0401BD1C]>
[00:01] <Debug: Processing volcanicash dragonborn.esm LandscapeVolcanicAshRocks01 [TXST:0401771C]>
[00:01] <Debug: Processing volcanicash dragonborn.esm LandscapeVolcanicAsh05 [TXST:04017EA5]>
[00:01] <Debug: Processing volcanicash dragonborn.esm LandscapeVolcanicAsh04 [TXST:0401771A]>
[00:01] <Debug: Processing volcanicash dragonborn.esm LandscapeVolcanicAsh03 [TXST:04016E07]>
[00:01] <Debug: Processing volcanicash dragonborn.esm LandscapeVolcanicAsh01 [TXST:04016E03]>
[00:01] <Debug: Loading C:\dyndolod\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_XESPIgnore.txt>
[00:01] <Debug: Processing dunCGOutsideClutterMarker skyrim.esm dunCGOutsideClutterMarker [REFR:000C78EA] (places CW1MeleeCloseDefender [STAT:00030428] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 3,-21)>
[00:01] <Debug: Loading C:\dyndolod\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_ErrorIgnore.txt>
[00:01] <Debug: Player PlayerRef [PLYR:00000014]>
[00:01] Program: C:\dyndolod\DynDOLODx64.exe, Version: 3.0.0.0, Date: 2021-07-27 18:00:00
[00:01] Started by: C:\windows\syswow64\start.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Date: 2021-08-06 19:50:32
[00:01] External: C:\dyndolod\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe, Version: 3.0.0.0, Date: 2021-08-06 19:50:32
[00:04] Executing LODGenx64.exe returned error code 259. "C:\dyndolod\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "C:\dyndolod\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Test.txt" --logfile "C:\dyndolod\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt".
Check the file C:\dyndolod\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt for additional information
[00:04] 00000000 ???                                   
016097a4 DynDOLODx64.exe DynDOLODHelpers  1186 ResourcesChecks
012efee5 DynDOLODx64.exe DynDOLODMain     7720 DynDOLODMainInit
014af0e7 DynDOLODx64.exe xeMainForm      20888 TLODGenThread.Execute
00576d90 DynDOLODx64.exe System.Classes        ThreadProc
0042a545 DynDOLODx64.exe BrainMM          2540 BrainMMThreadProxy
00411dea DynDOLODx64.exe System                ThreadWrapper
0050dd39 DynDOLODx64.exe madExcept             ThreadExceptFrame
7b62c7d7 kernel32.dll                          BaseThreadInitThunk
7bc58b21 ntdll.dll                             RtlUserThreadStart

I should note that the inputfile passed to LODGen doesn't appear to exist, and LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt doesn't exist either.

TexGenx64 from Alpha 35 is also unhappy, with a new error message complaining "-w 512" is invalid. It would be surprising if that were the case. I will try next with the wrapper.

[00:00] <Debug: OpenGL: Destination framebuffer complete>
[00:00] Invalid value specified with -w (512)
[00:00] Microsoft (R) DirectX Texture Converter [DirectXTex] Version 191 (library)
[00:00] Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
[00:00] Usage: texconv <options> <files>
[00:00]    -r                  wildcard filename search is recursive
[00:00]      -r:flatten        flatten the directory structure (default)
[00:00]      -r:keep           keep the directory structure
[00:00]    -flist <filename>   use text file with a list of input files (one per line)
[00:00]    -w <n>              width
[00:00]    -h <n>              height
[00:00]    -m <n>              miplevels
[00:00]    -f <format>         format
[00:00]    -if <filter>        image filtering
[00:00]    -srgb{i|o}          sRGB {input, output}
[00:00]    -px <string>        name prefix
[00:00]    -sx <string>        name suffix
[00:01]    -o <directory>      output directory
[00:01]    -l                  force output filename to lower case
[00:01]    -y                  overwrite existing output file (if any)
[00:01]    -ft <filetype>      output file type
[00:01]    -hflip              horizonal flip of source image
[00:01]    -vflip              vertical flip of source image
[00:01]    -sepalpha           resize/generate mips alpha channel separately
[00:01]                        from color channels
[00:01]    -keepcoverage <ref> Preserve alpha coverage in mips for alpha test ref
[00:01]    -nowic              Force non-WIC filtering

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post.

Pink textures typically means textures are missing. Check the log for warnings about textures that can not be found for example.

Make sure to properly install the mod and its files/requirements.

OK, this is what is says in DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD.txt:

TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F] Billboard found textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f.dds

This is what is reported in DynDOLOd_SSE_Tree_export.txt:

00000000    00000000    10240.000000    0.000000    151552.000000    0.0    0.0    0.0    1.0    TreeReachCliffTree02Green    00000000        Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif    textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_1.dds           

This I found in DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt:

New tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model found
    Billboard_0: textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f.dds, textures\default_n.dds
    Billboard_1: textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_1.dds, textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_1_n.dds
    Billboard_2: textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_2.dds, textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_2_n.dds

TexGen_SSE_Debug_LOG.txt:

[01:26] <Debug: Processing The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F]>
[01:26] <Debug: Adding Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif bounds volume 1115.26635742188 The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F]>

TexGen_SSE_LOG.txt:

[04:36]     Creating billboard D:\...DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f with Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F]

[05:04]     Creating billboard D:\...DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f with Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3600AB1F]

I just can't figure out what is wrong as both meshes and textures are apparently there. I have installed the Mod and its textures twice now. What is it that I am obviously not seeing? Or should I contact the Mod-Author of Myrkvior?

Textures.JPG

49 minutes ago, jsa2352 said:

TexGenx64 from Alpha 35 is also unhappy, with a new error message complaining "-w 512" is invalid. It would be surprising if that were the case. I will try next with the wrapper.

[00:00] <Debug: OpenGL: Destination framebuffer complete>
[00:00] Invalid value specified with -w (512)
[00:00] Microsoft (R) DirectX Texture Converter [DirectXTex] Version 191 (library)
[00:00] Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
[00:00] Usage: texconv <options> <files>
[00:00]    -r                  wildcard filename search is recursive
[00:00]      -r:flatten        flatten the directory structure (default)
[00:00]      -r:keep           keep the directory structure
[00:00]    -flist <filename>   use text file with a list of input files (one per line)
[00:00]    -w <n>              width
[00:00]    -h <n>              height
[00:00]    -m <n>              miplevels
[00:00]    -f <format>         format
[00:00]    -if <filter>        image filtering
[00:00]    -srgb{i|o}          sRGB {input, output}
[00:00]    -px <string>        name prefix
[00:00]    -sx <string>        name suffix
[00:01]    -o <directory>      output directory
[00:01]    -l                  force output filename to lower case
[00:01]    -y                  overwrite existing output file (if any)
[00:01]    -ft <filetype>      output file type
[00:01]    -hflip              horizonal flip of source image
[00:01]    -vflip              vertical flip of source image
[00:01]    -sepalpha           resize/generate mips alpha channel separately
[00:01]                        from color channels
[00:01]    -keepcoverage <ref> Preserve alpha coverage in mips for alpha test ref
[00:01]    -nowic              Force non-WIC filtering

This appears to be a bug with swscanf_s for %zu args somehow, filed a wine bug for it. Might relate to "-m0" bugs also reported by wine users in the past.

11 hours ago, jsa2352 said:

Now trying Alpha 35 in a fresh directory, some bad things seem to happen:

I should note that the inputfile passed to LODGen doesn't appear to exist, and LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt doesn't exist either.

The export and logfile are promptly deleted after executing LODGen and before printing the error message to the log.That will be changed in the next version so that the logfile is kept.

The error indicates a problem with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 installation.

10 hours ago, jsa2352 said:

This appears to be a bug with swscanf_s for %zu args somehow, filed a wine bug for it. Might relate to "-m0" bugs also reported by wine users in the past.

Is using  -m 1 still causing the same type of error? Those errors also happen when executing texconv included in DynDOLOD or the official release version using wineconsole?

9 hours ago, aufisch said:

OK, this is what is says in DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD.txt:

TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F] Billboard found textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f.dds

This is what is reported in DynDOLOd_SSE_Tree_export.txt:

00000000    00000000    10240.000000    0.000000    151552.000000    0.0    0.0    0.0    1.0    TreeReachCliffTree02Green    00000000        Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif    textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_1.dds           

This I found in DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt:

New tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model found
    Billboard_0: textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f.dds, textures\default_n.dds
    Billboard_1: textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_1.dds, textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_1_n.dds
    Billboard_2: textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_2.dds, textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f_2_n.dds

TexGen_SSE_Debug_LOG.txt:

[01:26] <Debug: Processing The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F]>
[01:26] <Debug: Adding Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif bounds volume 1115.26635742188 The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F]>

TexGen_SSE_LOG.txt:

[04:36]     Creating billboard D:\...DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f with Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3C00AB1F]

[05:04]     Creating billboard D:\...DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\the flora of skyrim trees sse.esp\gkbreachclifftree02_0000ab1f with Meshes\landscape\trees\gkbreachclifftree02.nif The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreeReachCliffTree02Green [TREE:3600AB1F]

I just can't figure out what is wrong as both meshes and textures are apparently there. I have installed the Mod and its textures twice now. What is it that I am obviously not seeing? Or should I contact the Mod-Author of Myrkvior?

Textures.JPG

Read the first post what logiles to upload when making reports.

Check the DynDOLOD log for texture can not be found messages.

Typically the only textures that can be missing are the textures used by the 3D models, since billboards are only used for LOD generation if the billboard textures actually exists. They can only be missing in the game if the entire LOD texture atlas is missing. In any case, also open the billboard textures in an image, that they look OK.

The tree report lists which 3D tree LOD model was found and if it is being used for a LOD level. Check it in NifSkope or with the xEdit Asset Browser to find out which textures it  is using.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post what logiles to upload when making reports.

Check the DynDOLOD log for texture can not be found messages.

Typically the only textures that can be missing are the textures used by the 3D models, since billboards are only used for LOD generation if the billboard textures actually exists. They can only be missing in the game if the entire LOD texture atlas is missing. In any case, also open the billboard textures in an image, that they look OK.

The tree report lists which 3D tree LOD model was found and if it is being used for a LOD level. Check it in NifSkope or with the xEdit Asset Browser to find out which textures it  is using.

Hi Sheson,

Sorry, I didn't mention DynDolod.log since there wasn't a missing texture entry for any of my "Myrkvior" or other Tamriel Trees, which is why I searched all the other log-files as well. All Billboards looked ok, and the texture paths in the nif's were fine as well.

I then screened back in DynDolog.log and seached for trees outside Tamriel worldspace. I found gkbreachclifftree02_lod.nif in the mod "Nereva",  which apparently had missing textures. I ended up working around the problem by copying the Myrkvior lod.nif for that tree to the meshes/nereva folder (as a loose override) and renaming it gkbreachclifftree02_lod.nif. I am a bit stumped why Dyndolod would take that single mesh from another world mod (it was in a bsa) and apply it to Tamriel. Or is it possible that two lod's get projected over each other? Strangely the billboard of the Nereva trees in the bsa looks fine as well. Or maybe DynDOLOD just got stressed by my huge load order.  :)

Anyway, you can see that my understanding of this whole LOD-thing is rather limited. Thank you for your help and patience.

2 hours ago, aufisch said:

Hi Sheson,

Sorry, I didn't mention DynDolod.log since there wasn't a missing texture entry for any of my "Myrkvior" or other Tamriel Trees, which is why I searched all the other log-files as well. All Billboards looked ok, and the texture paths in the nif's were fine as well.

I then screened back in DynDolog.log and seached for trees outside Tamriel worldspace. I found gkbreachclifftree02_lod.nif in the mod "Nereva",  which apparently had missing textures. I ended up working around the problem by copying the Myrkvior lod.nif for that tree to the meshes/nereva folder (as a loose override) and renaming it gkbreachclifftree02_lod.nif. I am a bit stumped why Dyndolod would take that single mesh from another world mod (it was in a bsa) and apply it to Tamriel. Or is it possible that two lod's get projected over each other? Strangely the billboard of the Nereva trees in the bsa looks fine as well. Or maybe DynDOLOD just got stressed by my huge load order.  :)

Anyway, you can see that my understanding of this whole LOD-thing is rather limited. Thank you for your help and patience.

Since no log files are being uploaded it is not possible to answer the questions.

Each object/tree has one LOD assets per LOD level as can be seen in the object/tree report files. DynDOLOD does not get stressed.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Since no log files are being uploaded it is not possible to answer the questions.

Each object/tree has one LOD assets per LOD level as can be seen in the object/tree report files. DynDOLOD does not get stressed.

Sorry, didn't think you were interested in a 180MB debug log, I made a dropbox-link for that one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73g1ggxoslp3s56/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt?dl=0

The Log files is attached. But no real pressure to actually look into it.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

1 hour ago, aufisch said:

Sorry, didn't think you were interested in a 180MB debug log, I made a dropbox-link for that one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73g1ggxoslp3s56/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt?dl=0

The Log files is attached. But no real pressure to actually look into it.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.5 MB · 0 downloads

From the DynDOLOD log file:

<Warning: Can not find file textures\lod\testreelod9.dds used by meshes\nereva\gkbreachclifftree02_lod.nif nereva01.esp 00NerReachCliffTree02ST [STAT:260336A6]>

The LOD model is used either because it matches the full model file name (gkbreachclifftree02.nif) or because it is set specifically as a LOD model on the base record. Notice that this is not a TREE base record, but a STAT base record. It is only treated as a "TREE" if it has the "Has Tree LOD" flag set. Without the flag it is just another object that happens to look like a tree. However none of that matters in regards to the missing textures.

You also either have outdated DynDOLOD Resources installed or there is a mod that contains older LOD models. Since I do not see Majestic Mountains in the load order, check which mod contains rockpilel01_lod.nif or rockcliff05rocks_lod_1.nif for example. There might be other mods that could use an updated LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3 I am not aware of.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

From the DynDOLOD log file:

<Warning: Can not find file textures\lod\testreelod9.dds used by meshes\nereva\gkbreachclifftree02_lod.nif nereva01.esp 00NerReachCliffTree02ST [STAT:260336A6]>

The LOD model is used either because it matches the full model file name (gkbreachclifftree02.nif) or because it is set specifically as a LOD model on the base record. Notice that this is not a TREE base record, but a STAT base record. It is only treated as a "TREE" if it has the "Has Tree LOD" flag set. Without the flag it is just another object that happens to look like a tree. However none of that matters in regards to the missing textures.

You also either have outdated DynDOLOD Resources installed or there is a mod that contains older LOD models. Since I do not see Majestic Mountains in the load order, check which mod contains rockpilel01_lod.nif or rockcliff05rocks_lod_1.nif for example. There might be other mods that could use an updated LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3 I am not aware of.

DyndDOLOD Resources where the newest, I re-downloaded and re-installed just yesterday. I screened my bsa's and I only found "Midwood Isle" that seemed to used those lod-nif's. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28120