DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

28 minutes ago, Swoop said:

DynDOLOD Summary Of Messages reports:

Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellbase01.nif Skyrim.esm ImpExtIceTowerShellBase01_NoIce [STAT:000C1D50]Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellbase01.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellBase01 [STAT:0006F74A]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershelldoor03.nif Skyrim.esm ImpExtIceTowerShellDoor03_NoIce [STAT:000C1DBC]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershelldoor03.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellDoor03 [STAT:0006F74D]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellstairs01.nif Skyrim.esm ImpExtIceTowerShellStairs01_NoIce [STAT:000C1DBB]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellstairs01.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellStairs01 [STAT:0006F750]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall01.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall01 [STAT:0006F752]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall02.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall02 [STAT:0006F753]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall03.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall03 [STAT:0006F754]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall04.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall04 [STAT:0006F755]

I made a bug report on Stretched Snow Begone and received this reply from the author:

"This is probably a problem with Dyndolod and this sort of problem has been reported before with Dyndolod so I would suggest reporting this to the Dyndolod forums because they would be more able to help you.

I think these errors are probably benign though as its been reported before, in the comment section, that these kind of errors sometimes pop up when running dyndolod and they don't really cause problems. 

By the way, I used the BAE program to look through the base games texture bsa files and the "impextdecals01ice_n.dds" doesn't even exist within them so I think this texture may be something added by dyndolod. "

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

https://ufile.io/f/kvg6a

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures
The texture can not be found.

The message states a fact. The mentioned texture can not be found in the load order. There is no problem with DynDOLOD, it is working as designed and reports a problem in the load order.

The message tells you which NIF and base record requires the texture.

Unless the base record defines alternate textures (which Stretched Snow Begone.esp does not do after doing a quick check with xEdit, some base records are still vanilla also), the culprit is the mod that contains the mentioned NIFs, which you can easily find out with MO2 right window data tab.

BTW it is easier to use xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) and/or enable MO2 archives parsing to check contents of BSA files.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Use a dedicated unique texture filename for one of the LOD models and let me know if this unique texture has mipmaps created or not.

• Copied full res texture to textures/landscape/trees/x/treepineforestbranchcomp.dds.
  • Edited texture sets in full model meshes to use new path.
  • Edited texture sets in 3D LOD model meshes to use new path.
  • Added CRC32 to name of 3D LOD model meshes.

This made no difference. Not combined: mipmaps in atlas OK. Combined: mipmaps in atlas wrong.

In both cases, the mipmap for that texture has changed position within the atlas. But that's it.

I uploaded new logs and assets used to https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7ng4FbmbdWhMct4hTV4Moin7EGLGAGD/view.

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, elwood612 said:

Yeah, I'm a bit lost on this one. In the screenshots, you can see what I mean. As soon as I load into that save (IE, get close to the building), I take a screenshot, and the windmill building is there. After a second, the game loads in objects that are close to me, and for some reason that windmill disappears. It's all 3 windmills in that area, actually. As you can see in the close-up screenshot, it's probably been flagged as disabled.

Now, this 100% was not an issue before. I did recently update (clean save + rerun, as per the Update page on Dyndolod.info) my Dyndolod installation, and it's possible that I inadvertently changed some of my settings. Specifically, I cannot remember what I had previously checked for Upgrade NearGrid Refs, Large Refs workaround, and Downgrade FarGrid Refs. My uLargeRef size is 9 btw.

When I disable & uninstall Dyndolod, the issue goes away.

I did try to check out the building in question in SSEEdit, but I cannot for the life of me find it. I can find it in the Creation Kit, but I cannot find that RefID, or even BaseID, or EditorName anywhere in SSEEdit. So once I manage to find that I'll update this post.

In the meantime, what did I do wrong? Based on intuition and not much else, I suspect I messed up when I updated Dyndolod, and changed some of the NearGrid and FarGrid refs.

I've just never encountered the situation where the LODs were fine but the base object was disabled. I'm sure the load order is correct, at least in terms of that building. Again, this is 30 hours into this playthrough and I'm 100% certain this didn't use to be an issue.

Thanks! And thanks to Sheson for this amazing mod, I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

closeUp.jpg

loadIn.jpg

secondsAfterLoadIn.jpg

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make useful screenshots with more informative console (in this case also without the DynDOLOD output being enabled). 

The last two screenshots are not labeled so it is unclear what is different in the load order.

Test with a new game. If that works, redo the clean save. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 155
35 minutes ago, Mousetick said:
  • Copied full res texture to textures/landscape/trees/x/treepineforestbranchcomp.dds.
  • Edited texture sets in full model meshes to use new path.
  • Edited texture sets in 3D LOD model meshes to use new path.
  • Added CRC32 to name of 3D LOD model meshes.

This made no difference. Not combined: mipmaps in atlas OK. Combined: mipmaps in atlas wrong.

In both cases, the mipmap for that texture has changed position within the atlas. But that's it.

I uploaded new logs and assets used to https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7ng4FbmbdWhMct4hTV4Moin7EGLGAGD/view.

Thanks.

Check if DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-155 fixes that.

Ok, thank you very much. Attached is the latest log, although I have re-run Dyndolod several times recently to try and fix this. Not sure how relevant it will be. The debug log is 127MB and too big even for pastebin, let me know if that's an issue. Also apologies for posting in the wrong place. Gotta say, your response time is unbelievable lol.

To be clear, the issue is that the windmill disappears when I get close. Therefore, in the previous screenshots, one of them was taken before the LOD had faded away, and one after. Those screenshots were taken like 2 seconds apart, same load order.

I did try a new game, and lo and behold, you were right - the issue is fixed. So something probably went wrong with my clean save procedure (I've done it a bunch though!).

Question: when disabling Dyndolod in the MCM, then closing the MCM, am I supposed to get a notification in the top left, or a message box popup? I could have sworn it used to be the latter, but I only got the former when I made the latest clean save.

Attached is also a screenshot of the console and the windmill in question. This was taken on the new save, so of course no issues. This screenshot was impossible to take on my current save, since the building disappears.

Thanks!

20231011162814_1.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

9 minutes ago, elwood612 said:

Ok, thank you very much. Attached is the latest log, although I have re-run Dyndolod several times recently to try and fix this. Not sure how relevant it will be. The debug log is 127MB and too big even for pastebin, let me know if that's an issue. Also apologies for posting in the wrong place. Gotta say, your response time is unbelievable lol.

To be clear, the issue is that the windmill disappears when I get close. Therefore, in the previous screenshots, one of them was taken before the LOD had faded away, and one after. Those screenshots were taken like 2 seconds apart, same load order.

I did try a new game, and lo and behold, you were right - the issue is fixed. So something probably went wrong with my clean save procedure (I've done it a bunch though!).

Question: when disabling Dyndolod in the MCM, then closing the MCM, am I supposed to get a notification in the top left, or a message box popup? I could have sworn it used to be the latter, but I only got the former when I made the latest clean save.

Attached is also a screenshot of the console and the windmill in question. This was taken on the new save, so of course no issues. This screenshot was impossible to take on my current save, since the building disappears.

Thanks!

20231011162814_1.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 592.69 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs how to zip and upload large log files to a file service.

There is no deactivation/activation notification anymore with the large references workarounds.

Ok, thank you. Apologies again, I missed the line about uploading the zip file. Here is the zipped up Logs folder (again, Dyndolod has been run several times since the output I'm currently using was generated): https://ufile.io/wcwb0fhe

I went ahead and found the windmill object in my current save using the `prid` command. It was in fact disabled (see attached screenshot, top left). So a temp fix for my current save is just to enable that object and keep playing. However, I would like to understand what happened there if possible.

20231011165327_1.jpg

15 minutes ago, elwood612 said:

Ok, thank you. Apologies again, I missed the line about uploading the zip file. Here is the zipped up Logs folder (again, Dyndolod has been run several times since the output I'm currently using was generated): https://ufile.io/wcwb0fhe

I went ahead and found the windmill object in my current save using the `prid` command. It was in fact disabled (see attached screenshot, top left). So a temp fix for my current save is just to enable that object and keep playing. However, I would like to understand what happened there if possible.

20231011165327_1.jpg

Based on the the current information something probably happened to the SKSE co-save.

If things looks correct without DynDOLOD output enabled, a clean save should reset things in the normal and the SKSE co-save.

Hmm ok, makes sense. I don't think the Fallrim Resaver touches the SKSE co-save, does it? I definitely cleaned unattached instances after uninstalling Dyndolod for the clean save.

The thing is, the clean save doesn't work, the windmill still disappears. I finally found it in SSEEdit (it was hiding in the persistent cell data), and the only thing overwriting it is Lux Orbis (just overwriting emittance data, nothing else). I'm not sure why Dyndolod being loaded or not should affect it at all if Dyndolod doesn't overwrite it. I guess maybe a rogue script or something.

EDIT: it's the Lux Orbis ESM that's overwriting it.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Edited by elwood612

6 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures
The texture can not be found.

The message states a fact. The mentioned texture can not be found in the load order. There is no problem with DynDOLOD, it is working as designed and reports a problem in the load order.

The message tells you which NIF and base record requires the texture.

Unless the base record defines alternate textures (which Stretched Snow Begone.esp does not do after doing a quick check with xEdit, some base records are still vanilla also), the culprit is the mod that contains the mentioned NIFs, which you can easily find out with MO2 right window data tab.

BTW it is easier to use xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) and/or enable MO2 archives parsing to check contents of BSA files.

Thx for the reply. I posted your reply in the bug section of Stretched Snow Begone to which the author replied:

"Thank you for sharing Sheson's reply here because now I'll know what to say if someone else has this problem in the future.
Hopefully Sheson's advice will help you to fix your problem. "

So in order to learn something from this; It is very likely that I don't understand what's going on here, but here's how I understand it:

Dyndolod detected that there a some textures missing that the NIFs referenced in Stretched Snow Begone.esp relies on (or self reports that it relies on). These textures are in deed not present (I checked for some of them). Could it be that a) The NIFs don't really need them and it's just some leftover information or similar or b) the resulting in game visual is not the intended visual?

First of all, thank you for the mod. I installed xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD by looking at the information on mode site and a few videos  When I run xLODGen->TexGen and finally DynDOLOD, DynDOLOD gives the error "Tamriel lod terrain broken". According to the warning, it was because I used Oscape's LOD, but I did not install anything related to Oscape. Could another mod be causing this? I just disable few location mods like "Hidden Hideouts SE" and "Convenient Bridges SE" but still same result.

And separately, when I install the "xLODGen Resource - SSE Terrain Tamriel" mod, DynDOLOD asks me to uninstall it. Is this normal ?

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Gerkesiz

Hi Sheson, I'm having a weird issue with my LODs, they are pure black, both trees and rocks, I'm sending a screenshot here to show you how it is, I used TFC 1 camera command to get close to them to take this screenshot, they are just pure black. 

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/53D5IT4

Logs Requested: https://ufile.io/f/h98wc

If you need more info on this, I'll be glad to provide it so we can fix it, although it might be something that I did and I'm not aware of what it is, any insight is helpful. Thank you for being so supportive to everyone!

Hi Sheson, just out of curiosity: how are tree large references handled exactly?

Does any tree become a large reference?

Which models then are used?

What is the expected performance impact?

Actually I use ultra trees with billboards 4,4,1,6.

Edited by 2PHAZT