DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I have run into an few Problems with my LODs

My first problem are these dark spots, which you can see in the picture below.
My second Problem are holes in the LODs like the ones in the Picture below.

My DynDOLOD MCM is included below, aswell as the DynDOLOD settings used to generate the LODs.

A link to my plugins and Load Order: https://modwat.ch/u/Scarlett/plugins

A link to my log files: https://ufile.io/f/hl2jt

I hope this is the right thread and I included all the necessary information.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons
In addition to DynDOLOD generating object, tree and dynamic LOD for seasons, also use xLODGen terrain LOD beta to generate terrain LOD meshes and textures for the different seasons.

Sorry!  I was hoping it would be an easily recognized problem.

Strangely, these logs were generated yesterday and haven't been regenerated in any subsequent attempts. 

I've already tries re-installing DynDOLOD Resources several times now and have seen no change.  As described, there's a strange flickering alert window but then MO2 claims the installation was successful 

DynDO proof.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

53 minutes ago, freakingfairy said:

Sorry!  I was hoping it would be an easily recognized problem.

Strangely, these logs were generated yesterday and haven't been regenerated in any subsequent attempts. 

I've already tries re-installing DynDOLOD Resources several times now and have seen no change.  As described, there's a strange flickering alert window but then MO2 claims the installation was successful 

DynDO proof.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 47.85 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 39.81 kB · 0 downloads

This is not a crash. DynDOLOD.exe stops with an error message. The relevant log lines are:

Started by: C:\Windows\explorer.exe, Version: 10.0.19041.1706, Date: 2022-05-13 02:30:23
Error: DynDOLOD Resources SE version information not found. Verify correct installation.

For tools or the game to "see" the virtual data folder they need to be started from MO2.
https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions

https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL#Installation

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is not a crash. DynDOLOD.exe stops with an error message. The relevant log lines are:

Started by: C:\Windows\explorer.exe, Version: 10.0.19041.1706, Date: 2022-05-13 02:30:23
Error: DynDOLOD Resources SE version information not found. Verify correct installation.

For tools or the game to "see" the virtual data folder they need to be started from MO2.
https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions

https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL#Installation

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders

That's the only copy of those logs you asked for in the folder, I did try running DynDOLOD outside of MO2 once to see if that would fix the problem, but of course it didn't help.

Every other time I've tried to run DynDOLOD it has been through MO2 and it's still just failing,

36 minutes ago, freakingfairy said:

That's the only copy of those logs you asked for in the folder, I did try running DynDOLOD outside of MO2 once to see if that would fix the problem, but of course it didn't help.

Every other time I've tried to run DynDOLOD it has been through MO2 and it's still just failing,

The debug log is replaced with each start and so only contains the last session. If you want to report or troubleshot a problem, upload the debug that contains the problem.

The normal log is appended to. The one you upload contains two sessions.
The first start seems successful and finds the DynDOLOD Resources and looks like the tool was simply exited.
The second start shows the tool being start by Windows Explorer.

When installing a new DynDOLOD version, make sure to follow the instruction to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new empty folder.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:56 AM, Gamma_Metroid said:

I am having some trouble now with alpha 93. The diffuse texture atlas is fine but the normal map atlas is coming out as a tiny 4x4 pixel image for some reason. Here are the logs and one pair of atlases: https://ufile.io/f/0qvmv

This should be fixed with Alpha-94

• Thanks 1

This is what my logs folder looks like.  Even though I've tried to run the DynDOLOD.exe through MO2 several times today, the debug log has not been modified since yesterday.  There are other logs I could upload which have been, but I don't know which ones would be helpful.

moreDynDO.png

1 hour ago, freakingfairy said:

This is what my logs folder looks like.  Even though I've tried to run the DynDOLOD.exe through MO2 several times today, the debug log has not been modified since yesterday.  There are other logs I could upload which have been, but I don't know which ones would be helpful.

The log and debug log are saved when the program is closed.

Delete the log folder. Do the thing. Upload the log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists as explained on the first post. If there are no such logs let me know.

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

The log and debug log are saved when the program is closed.

Delete the log folder. Do the thing. Upload the log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists as explained on the first post.

This is everything in the freshly generated log folder after I deleted it and attempted to run DynDOLOD again.  There is no debug log nor is there a bug report folder. 

If you say it isn't a bug in the program and the problem is between my chair and the desk I believe you.  I just don't understand this program well enough to figure out where the failure point is myself.  Memory allocation?  Some kind of permissions hiccup?  I'm not getting error messages to look up on the FAQ

DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Reverse_List.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Export.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt

23 minutes ago, freakingfairy said:

This is everything in the freshly generated log folder after I deleted it and attempted to run DynDOLOD again.  There is no debug log nor is there a bug report folder. 

If you say it isn't a bug in the program and the problem is between my chair and the desk I believe you.  I just don't understand this program well enough to figure out where the failure point is myself.  Memory allocation?  Some kind of permissions hiccup?  I'm not getting error messages to look up on the FAQ

DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt 38.61 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txt 27.87 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt 417.68 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Reverse_List.txt 683 B · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Export.txt 34.12 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD.txt 43.41 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt 255.44 kB · 0 downloads

Check the Windows Event log (typically in Application) for error messages at the time the program stops.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

I can really only address the issue about Occlusion, since only that is what is shown in the log.

From Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt:

Mode - helps to limit the amount of CELL records that need to be processed. This either applies for all available CELL records for a worldspace (LODGen mode) or just for the CELL records that already exist in the highlighted plugin(s) (Edit mode) - regardless if the records are added or overwritten. CELL records without terrain height data are always skipped. -Flat means to skip cells with terrain height data that is perfectly flat - it typically means the cell is way outside the playable area. +Border means to only process cells if they are linked to a region that has the Border Region flag set - since the player is normally restricted to cells inside the border region. Do not use +Border for plugins which require to disable borders in the Skyrim.INI. Do not use if no suitable cells are found in case the worldspace has no border region defined. +TVDT will update cells that already have TVDT data and -TVDT will update cells that do not already have TVDT data. +Border is ignored for child worldspaces that use the selected worldspace for LOD.

Since the vanilla Tamriel already contains TVDT data for every cell, that settings means they are no CELLs that need to be updated.

Use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha to generate Occlusion.esp. It will automatically use the appropriate mode for Tamriel.

If I let DynDOLOD create the Occlusion.esp it will say "no suitable cells found" and I will have holes around Winterhold. If I just use "All" mode, the holes disappear. 

What is the downside of using "All", is it just more time consuming?

37 minutes ago, gigan2 said:

If I let DynDOLOD create the Occlusion.esp it will say "no suitable cells found" and I will have holes around Winterhold. If I just use "All" mode, the holes disappear. 

What is the downside of using "All", is it just more time consuming?

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

The mode only filters which CELLs are being updated.

There should be no such problem with the default INI files, unless you have a mod changing the Border Region flag on the 000C5859 BorderRegionSkyrim record.

Hey, regarding Root Block, I got this, right?

Spoiler

Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlow01longadjust.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLow01LongAdjust [MSTT:00016440]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlowsmokey01long.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLowSmokey01Long [MSTT:000B9466]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlowsmokey01long.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLowSmokey01Long [MSTT:000B9466]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxsmokesmokelg2x1.nif Skyrim.esm FXSmokeSmokeLg2x1 [MSTT:000B949C]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxsmokesmokelg2x1.nif Skyrim.esm FXSmokeSmokeLg2x1 [MSTT:000B949C]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01.nif Skyrim.esm TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01snow.nif Skyrim.esm TreeDeadShrubSnow [TREE:000A731D]

Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlow01longadjust.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLow01LongAdjust [MSTT:00016440]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlowsmokey01long.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLowSmokey01Long [MSTT:000B9466]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxsmokesmokelg2x1.nif Skyrim.esm FXSmokeSmokeLg2x1 [MSTT:000B949C]

Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\grass\rockgrass01.nif Grass FPS Booster.esp RockGrass01 [GRAS:00048749]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\grass\rockgrasssnowobj01.nif Grass FPS Booster.esp RockGrassSnow01 [GRAS:000F871E]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\grass\rockgrasswater01.nif Grass FPS Booster.esp RockGrassWater01 [GRAS:000F871D]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01snow.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeDeadShrubSnow [TREE:000A731D]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01snow.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeThicket01Snow [TREE:000ABD65]

However, these .nif files are things like this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38196 and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18437.

Where when looking at them through nifskope most of them look blank like this: https://imgur.com/a/JrrVcMe

How do we fix these? As these sorts of mods essentially just remove all features of that texture. And there's no [0] NiNode, select Block, Convert, Bethesda option.

Edited by mattski123
needed to add more lines

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, regarding Root Block, I got this, right?

Reveal hidden contents

However, these .nif files are things like this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38196 and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18437.

Where when looking at them through nifskope most of them look blank like this: https://imgur.com/a/JrrVcMe

How do we fix these? As these sorts of mods essentially just remove all features of that texture. And there's no [0] NiNode, select Block, Convert, Bethesda option.

Check any vanilla NIF with a BSXFlags block. It is typically the first child of the root BSFadeNode.

An empty NIF most likely does not need a BSXFlags block, just the BSFadeNode root without any children. I would test to unset all Flags of the BSFadeNode but Bit 0: Hidden.

NifSkope can be used to remove/add any type of block.

41 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check any vanilla NIF with a BSXFlags block. It is typically the first child of the root BSFadeNode.

An empty NIF most likely does not need a BSXFlags block, just the BSFadeNode root without any children. I would test to unset all Flags of the BSFadeNode but Bit 0: Hidden.

NifSkope can be used to remove/add any type of block.

unfortunately it doesn't have that bethesda option when I right click. And you can see it doesnt show ninode. my options after rightclicking convert are: NiExtraDATA & NiIntegerExtraData.

Which one should I do? Also, one more thing to add, when going into xEdit to delete references, what am I actually deleting? I have

Spoiler

Warning: Potentially wild edit reference with z = 0.0 APWHSW.esp [REFR:64036C46] (places RockM04 [STAT:0001B0A7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of AHZCrysisCentre [CELL:6400C24B] (in AHCrysis "Wicklow" [WRLD:6400C24A] at 0,0))
Warning: Potentially wild edit reference with z = 0.0 arnima.esm [REFR:132712AA] (places NorTentSmallLightSnow [STAT:00083ADC] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:13000D63] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:13000D62] at 0,0))

which are both static placed objects, do I delete the object? Because I can't delete the z position.

Edited by mattski123
new issue discovered and added to comment

36 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

unfortunately it doesn't have that bethesda option when I right click. And you can see it doesnt show ninode. my options after rightclicking convert are: NiExtraDATA & NiIntegerExtraData.

Which one should I do?

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. I do not provide generic modding help or support for third party tools.

Adding new blocks is as simple as right click in Block list, Block, Insert, Bethesda, BSFadeNode.