DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

24 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Do we disable the DynDOLOD Resources SE mod after the LOD files have been generated at the end of the STEP guide?

The instructions include all the steps that need to be done. The instructions do not include the infinite number of things not to do.

Since there is no instruction to disable DynDOLOD Resource SE, it means that they should not be disabled. The DynDOLOD Resources SE includes assets that are required in game.

• Thanks 1

Hello all,

Is anyone able to lend a hand on an issue with bird LODs? I'm using Flying Crows SSE (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/49270)
Since using the mod when it was first uploaded, both with DynDOLOD version 2.x and 3.x the LODs for the crows have been completely in sync despite the "Desync Birds of Prey" patch being installed and active.

I've checked the two Activator records in the DynDOLOD esp (0010581f and 00105824) and they have the "Random Anim Start" enabled, so not sure where the issue is coming from. The esp for the Flying Crows mod does not have any Activator records requiring this flag to be enabled, though it does have Moveable Statics but the relevant flag is enabled here.

Using the DynDOLOD DLL, if that makes a difference. Log files are uploaded here: https://ufile.io/0ilgsfj4

Apologies if this is a stupid question and I've missed something obvious, LODs aren't my strong point in Skyrim modding.

9 hours ago, Halliphax said:

Hello all,

Is anyone able to lend a hand on an issue with bird LODs? I'm using Flying Crows SSE (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/49270)
Since using the mod when it was first uploaded, both with DynDOLOD version 2.x and 3.x the LODs for the crows have been completely in sync despite the "Desync Birds of Prey" patch being installed and active.

I've checked the two Activator records in the DynDOLOD esp (0010581f and 00105824) and they have the "Random Anim Start" enabled, so not sure where the issue is coming from. The esp for the Flying Crows mod does not have any Activator records requiring this flag to be enabled, though it does have Moveable Statics but the relevant flag is enabled here.

Using the DynDOLOD DLL, if that makes a difference. Log files are uploaded here: https://ufile.io/0ilgsfj4

Apologies if this is a stupid question and I've missed something obvious, LODs aren't my strong point in Skyrim modding.

Crows are not birds of prey.

For references using the same base record / model not to be in sync the Random Animation Start flag has to be set.

If there are animations in sync, you might not be looking up the correct base records.

DynDOLOD create copies of the base records for the LOD. They typically should have the Random Animation Start flag set as well.

Use DynDOLOD 3 alpha for this mod, I can not guarantee 2.x has all the required functionality for it.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Crows are not birds of prey.

For references using the same base record / model not to be in sync the Random Animation Start flag has to be set.

If there are animations in sync, you might not be looking up the correct base records.

DynDOLOD create copies of the base records for the LOD. They typically should have the Random Animation Start flag set as well.

Use DynDOLOD 3 alpha for this mod, I can not guarantee 2.x has all the required functionality for it.

Spot on, that was the problem. Doesn't look like DynDOLOD forwarded the Random Anim Start flag from the base record in the source ESP over to the DynDOLOD.esm file. Setting the records manually did the trick (for anyone in the future reading, it's the below records):

FlyingCrowSILENT_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150074A5]
FlyingCrow_01_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150074A1]
FlyingCrow_02_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150074C7]
FlyingCrow_03_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150075A7]
FlyingCrow_04_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:1500748A]
FlyingCrow_FLOCK_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:15007596]

Thanks Sheson, PM me your address and I'll be sure to UPS my first born over.

7 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Spot on, that was the problem. Doesn't look like DynDOLOD forwarded the Random Anim Start flag from the base record in the source ESP over to the DynDOLOD.esm file. Setting the records manually did the trick (for anyone in the future reading, it's the below records):

FlyingCrowSILENT_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150074A5]
FlyingCrow_01_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150074A1]
FlyingCrow_02_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150074C7]
FlyingCrow_03_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:150075A7]
FlyingCrow_04_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:1500748A]
FlyingCrow_FLOCK_DynDOLOD_LOD [MSTT:15007596]

Thanks Sheson, PM me your address and I'll be sure to UPS my first born over.

Why do you not just use the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha version?

1 hour ago, Halliphax said:

I'm already using DynDOLOD 3 (and have been since release), not the latest Alpha version mind you but definitely version 3

Read the first post.

There is no release version of DynDOLOD 3.

DynDOLOD 3 is an alpha for testing and to discover bugs. Always use the latest alpha version, so to not come across or report long fixed bugs or problems.

The log shows the version you are using is from March, that is like Alpha 33. That is from before the crows mod even was released.

Hi,

I have an issue that's I didn't know how to resolved, each time i use dyndolod and generate occlusion through it with the mod falskaar activate I have an out of memory and a access violation from the software.
I use the last version of dyndolod and the x64 version of the exe
Here is my logs file : https://ufile.io/db1dm9ga https://ufile.io/f/pvl69
Thanks for your help and all your work.

1 hour ago, Irwine said:

Hi,

I have an issue that's I didn't know how to resolved, each time i use dyndolod and generate occlusion through it with the mod falskaar activate I have an out of memory and a access violation from the software.
I use the last version of dyndolod and the x64 version of the exe
Here is my logs file : https://ufile.io/db1dm9ga https://ufile.io/f/pvl69
Thanks for your help and all your work.

Are you saying the error does not happen when you uncheck Occlusion data generation but keep the load order as is or are you saying it runs through without problem if the only mod you disable is Falskaar?

Probably unrelated but you should run TexGen before DynDOLOD and install its output.
You might also want to disable any third party billboards and use TexGen to generate all desired LOD billboards.

Also it seems that there are (some?) full tree models copied to LOD model files names? For 3D Trees and Plants? That seems overly ambitious and unnecessary given that there are decent 3D tree LOD models. Instead of copying full model filename to LOD model filenames i t is recommended to use mesh mask rules to instruct the use of full models for LOD. I guess if you have 3090 that might work.

The error only occur when I check occlusion data and keep my load order, that's include falskaar.

I run TexGen before it.

Yes there are for 3D trees and plant modified. Modified trees had a really bad rendering on lod (flat green cross). You are suggesting to disable 3D trees billboard ? I haven't found an actual tutorial for generating billboard, so I have tried to do my best, with what I have seen.
I'm sorry I don't know how to  use mesh mask rules to instruct the use of full models for LOD.

9 minutes ago, Irwine said:

The error only occur when I check occlusion data and keep my load order, that's include falskaar.

I run TexGen before it.

Yes there are for 3D trees and plant modified. Modified trees had a really bad rendering on lod (flat green cross). You are suggesting to disable 3D trees billboard ? I haven't found an actual tutorial for generating billboard, so I have tried to do my best, with what I have seen.
I'm sorry I don't know how to  use mesh mask rules to instruct the use of full models for LOD.

This error is repeatable and happens about at the same time/portion of the the log?

Can you just run it again one time and upload that bugreport.txt and debug log too please.

Checking occlusion generation should not affect the processing of base records as it only starts the occlusion generation way later after worldspaces have been processed and object LOD generated, so that is a bit of a mystery atm.

As the first post and included documentation explains, TexGen automatically generates all required billboards for the load order.
3rd party billboards should not be installed anymore.

The mesh mask rule are explained in the manual, but don't worry about that. Your method works, too and is fine for personal use.

46 minutes ago, Irwine said:

Yes the error occur each time at the same portion.

Oh, hum, I have forgot that's part of the informations... :/ 

Will take a look a it one day, but if it work as it for the moment it's not really important.

I would like to troubleshoot this a bit to see if I can find out what is happening. So if you could do a run that has the error and uploads its bugreport,txt and DynDOLOD debug so I can compare that to the files you already provided it might help me to better understand what is going on.

If you just want to generate LOD and occlusion, generate everything in DynDOLOD just without checking Occlusion and then generate Occlusion.esp with xLODGen separately. The end result is about the same.

I have remade a test, the only change is that's I have used Cathedral Assets Optimizer on Falskaar.
This time it doesn't crash even if I see some messages about out of memory during occlusion period when it loading the BTO files of the mod, here's the debug files.
https://ufile.io/f/a6kq9

Before my first message, I had try to generate occlusion by xLODGen, but it crash too. The new test that's I have just made is a success, so I'll remade my occlusion with xLODGen.

Getting rid of the "shrink-wrapped" mountains after enabling the Terrain Underside option, turns out, needs a readjustment of [TerrainManager] settings in SkyrimPrefs.ini -- setting them to Ultra values solved the problem.

fBlockLevel0Distance=35000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=70000.0000
fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.5
fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

Edited by sa547