FormID Mask Rule - WTT

z929669

Question

@sheson

The mod Worldspace Transition Tweaks connects Tamriel to Solstheim. The only issue is that the plume shows clear across Tamriel rather than being occluded by mountains and/or curviture of Nirn. If we wanted to enable dynamic LOD accordingly (e.g. only in Solstheim or Slostheim + northeastern Tamriel, fe.) could a formID mesh rule be used to alter the effect of the neverfade being set on this record?

image.png

Or maybe an Occlusion tweak of sorts?

... rather than unsetting the flag that is.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

@sheson

The mod Worldspace Transition Tweaks connects Tamriel to Solstheim. The only issue is that the plume shows clear across Tamriel rather than being occluded by mountains and/or curviture of Nirn. If we wanted to enable dynamic LOD accordingly (e.g. only in Solstheim or Slostheim + northeastern Tamriel, fe.) could a formID mesh rule be used to alter the effect of the neverfade being set on this record?

image.png

Or maybe an Occlusion tweak of sorts?

... rather than unsetting the flag that is.

What do you mean the plume is not occluded by mountains? It typically is a simple mesh that should be behind other meshes.

Dynamic LOD means to enable/disable references at 5.5 (near grid) and 10.5 (far grid) cell distances. I doubt anyone wants the plume to be enabled/disabled abruptly crossing cell borders.

Reference FormID Rules can be used to overwrite Mesh Mask Rules ("sky" in this case)

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Reference-Form-ID

8 hours ago, sheson said:

What do you mean the plume is not occluded by mountains? It typically is a simple mesh that should be behind other meshes.

Dynamic LOD means to enable/disable references at 5.5 (near grid) and 10.5 (far grid) cell distances. I doubt anyone wants the plume to be enabled/disabled abruptly crossing cell borders.

Reference FormID Rules can be used to overwrite Mesh Mask Rules ("sky" in this case)

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Reference-Form-ID

'Occluded' in the general sense. i understand the pop-in issue though. I guess I will need to see for myself. The alternative may be to hide it completely from Tamriel but leave visible in Solstheim ... or to simply leave it. We'll mess with it and see what we come up with.

Thanks

On 7/7/2022 at 7:16 AM, z929669 said:

'Occluded' in the general sense. i understand the pop-in issue though. I guess I will need to see for myself. The alternative may be to hide it completely from Tamriel but leave visible in Solstheim ... or to simply leave it. We'll mess with it and see what we come up with.

Thanks

Just butting in, but I removed it from WTT (no longer visible in Tamriel) just because of the way it can't be rendered fully at greater distances due to the view frustum limitation...would make me say "wth is that?" every once in a while before I remembered what it was.  Would love if there was a way to have a happy medium.

47 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

Just butting in, but I removed it from WTT (no longer visible in Tamriel) just because of the way it can't be rendered fully at greater distances due to the view frustum limitation...would make me say "wth is that?" every once in a while before I remembered what it was.  Would love if there was a way to have a happy medium.

So you 'removed' it by removing the IsFullLOD flag from the record? You cannot see it from Tamriel but you can still see it from Solstheim? If so, that was next on my list. I would assume this would be the case, since that's the vanilla behavior.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

So you 'removed' it by removing the IsFullLOD flag from the record? You cannot see it from Tamriel but you can still see it from Solstheim? If so, that was next on my list. I would assume this would be the case, since that's the vanilla behavior.

I actually just marked it initially disabled in WTT with xedit and it is still visible in Solstheim.

• Like 1