Trees pop-in / flickering / brightness change

SgtPowers

Question

Howdy,

I use Dyndolod for a longer time, but recently when I reinstalled it I noticed that the LOD of trees rather pop in than a smooth transition, they also flicker for a second and the brightness also changes in some cases, especially with snow trees. Im pretty sure I never had this problem and now I cant unsee it, unplayable like this. What could it be and how to fix?

I'm sure I installed it correct and use the correct Enhanced Vanilla Trees file cause I use the same I always have used when it worked right. I'm at a loss.

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, SgtPowers said:

Howdy,

I use Dyndolod for a longer time, but recently when I reinstalled it I noticed that the LOD of trees rather pop in than a smooth transition, they also flicker for a second and the brightness also changes in some cases, especially with snow trees. Im pretty sure I never had this problem and now I cant unsee it, unplayable like this. What could it be and how to fix?

I'm sure I installed it correct and use the correct Enhanced Vanilla Trees file cause I use the same I always have used when it worked right. I'm at a loss.

From the forum posing instructions at top of this forum's parent. You will need to provide logs as instructed in the OPs:

1. Search the forum using the relevant keywords.
  2. Read the OPs!
  3. Post logs & bugreport.txt from the installation folder. Text sharing services like Paste.ee
  4. Each run log is appended to the existing log. Truncate logs to last meaningful full run.
  5. Post size limits: Watcher: 1 Mb, Citizen: 2 Mb

13 hours ago, SgtPowers said:

Howdy,

https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works
LOD generators like DynDOLOD do not change how the engine works. LOD does not transitions smoothly. It switches. This becomes more obvious the more stuff the engine has to load or do.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ General Game Questions: Billboard tree LOD does not match close-up full model trees.

If you have questions or problems with third party mods or their LOD assets not match, then check their description, comments etc.

Hey, thanks both. I switched to Dyndolod 3 and it was fixed! But I have another question, I noticed that I had higher models in the distance with my settings from Dyndolod 2. I dont know what I need to change with the tree settings to get these models (marked with red) at a higher quality, see the screenshots. With Dyndolod 2 these LODS were at a higher model.

ScreenShot87.png

whattodo.png

Edited by SgtPowers

47 minutes ago, SgtPowers said:

Hey, thanks both. I switched to Dyndolod 3 and it was fixed! But I have another question, I noticed that I had higher models in the distance with my settings from Dyndolod 2. I dont know what I need to change with the tree settings to get these models (marked with red) at a higher quality, see the screenshots. With Dyndolod 2 these LODS were at a higher model.

ScreenShot87.png

whattodo.png

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards#3rd-Party-LOD-Billboards - do not install 3rd party billboards
https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards - generate HD billboards
https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Generating - generate ultra tree LOD by checking [x] Ultra, consider using Billboard4 for all LOD Levels and/or Level0 for LOD Level 4 for 3D tree LOD. 

42 minutes ago, SgtPowers said:

You had mentioned that you are using EVT, so first, be certain that you are using a file from the latest version specifically made for use with DynDOLOD 3.

For settings, certainly review the links sheson has provided. If you look in the Nexus mod description and posts OP, you will find a LOD Instructions link to our SSE LODGen guide that provides general settings for TexGen and DynDOLOD as well as specific recommendations for "3D trees" mesh rules and some other key recommendations that may or may not apply to your needs.