LOD only showing when far away, not when at medium distance

ulanbaatar69

Question

Hello,

I followed the instructions in the manual to make a separate rule for Azura statue replacers.

Now everything seems to be working properly, except that once I approach the state up close, the LOD actually disappears quite a bit before the actual up-close version loads in.

So I have succesfully made it so that I see the custom statue from far away, which covers most of what i was going for obviously. But somehow at medium-distance, it's blank.

Is this something to do with uGrid settings? I have no idea what that's about. I do not think this is an issue on DynDOLOD's end, but I'm still assuming people here will have a solution or explanation.

cheers,

3 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

It would help if you screenshotted the rule you used and let us know what Azura statue replacer was used. My guess is your rule is incorrect.

azura

I followed the guide by GamerPoets  except pointing to the specific model used in the replacer, which is not the same as the one GP used for his example. The replacer I use is this one. At that link you can also see a screenshot of the replacer succesfully showing LOD when at a faraway distance. However when moving closer it will eventually disappear, and then reappear when approached up close.

Test with a new game.

If that works, it is most likely because the Daedric Shrines - Azura - Replacer.esp  does not forward changes made by the unofficial patch (IsFullLOD, Persistent flag). You may be able to fix it by going close to the statue so its full model is loaded, open console and type

prid 00033DCB
recycleactor

Otherwise, edit Daedric Shrines - Azura - Replacer.esp in xEdit and forward the flag changes from unofficial patch to it.

While you are editing the plugin, remove the deleted STATic base record xx000D61 (xx = load order ID of the plugin) and the ITM 00008F5C.
Then clean masters to remove dependency on man_azura.esp.
Then set ESM flag on the File Header record so the overwritten large reference in the plugin doesn't trigger large reference bugs.
Optionally set ESL flag while you are at it.

Make sure plugin loads after unofficial patch.

Then generate LOD with DynDOLOD.