Mesh Rule for Aspens

z929669

Question

@sheson

I have read the mesh rules doc but want to verify if I cannot use a single mask that IDs all aspen trees (/meshes/landscape/tree/treeaspen0*)

I know that I can use a mask for each of the six like "treeaspen01.nif", but a single "treeaspen" rule would not work, correct? Wildcards and regex also do not work?

1 answer to this question

37 minutes ago, z929669 said:

@sheson

I have read the mesh rules doc but want to verify if I cannot use a single mask that IDs all aspen trees (/meshes/landscape/tree/treeaspen0*)

I know that I can use a mask for each of the six like "treeaspen01.nif", but a single "treeaspen" rule would not work, correct? Wildcards and regex also do not work?

A "mask" does not use wildcards. It simply matches the first occurrence of it. You can just use treeaspen and it will match every NIF file that contains treeaspen anywhere in the path or filename.

Hence the tree rules match every file in the /tree/ folder and every NIF with tree in the filename regardless anywhere else, too.