Generate tree LOD - DynDOLOD Setting

z929669

Question

I understand that this setting enables creation of *.btt files (I assume from plugin tree references) and hence, traditional tree billboards LOD. No tree object LOD will be created.

Do non-tree mesh rules still apply when "Create object LOD" is ticked? When NOT ticked?

From the doc:

Tree LOD

Check Generate tree LOD to generate tree LOD with tree LOD billboards.

Check Ultra to generate all tree LOD in object LOD with optional 3D tree LOD and/or with tree LOD billboards. Requires Generate tree LOD to be checked.

Max tile size billboard sets the maximum resolution a single tree LOD billboard texture can occupy on the tree or object LOD texture atlas.

Lower max texture resolutions result in less resource usage, higher means better quality.

Always generate tree LOD for the current load order. Ignore third party instructions to not generate tree LOD. Never use pre-made tree LOD from mods.

This is not possible. Ticking 'Ultra' automatically unticks "Create tree LOD"

I don't understand this statement. Can you give an example of such instructions?

I also don't understand this statement. "keep using" and "earlier" imply I ran it previously, so is this only useful during a second pass? Can you elaborate?

image.png

1 answer to this question

Mesh rules always apply whatever affect they have on the different LOD types. There are rules that can affect if a tree gets tree LOD or not for example.

That is a typo obviously. It is supposed to say "Requires Generate object LOD to be checked." 

Sometimes there are posts or instructions that tell users to unchecked tree LOD generation and instead use pre-made tree LODs from a mod.

Yes, second pass like the one for Open Cities.