New Profile. Now Letterbox on sides, can't change in ini.

Darklustre

Question

I am starting a new profile but for some reason it wants to load the game with large black boxes on the left and right of the screen. It's no longer fullscreen and I can't see why if I haven't changed anything. I tried deleting the ini.pref files and letting it remake it. This doesn't work. I tried changing the settings to 1920/1080 and it says my screen doesn't support that, even though that is what it's set to. 

Could someone please give me some advice about what to do to fix this? I can't play like this. I feel like a horse with blinders on!

20 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Run LOOT from MO as normal. You have it set up correctly in MO

Click the ellipse in upper right of LOOT app. Configure paths

./Skyrim is common relative path notation for "folder in current directory", in this case, named Skyrim. Technically, it is better to use ../Skyrim relative path, since that generally means "relative bath in directory above current directory" ... or ../../../Skyrim is three dirs above and so on. We don't know where every user has installed steam, so we just use ../Skyrim.

Ok thank you for that clear explanation! Loot is operating fine now. So I'm curious if you still think the Frostfall error is because of where I have MO2 and everything downloaded to? After I took DoubleYou's suggestion of copying the profile and making a new one, I haven't had that error message since. If there is still some issue I need to be aware of there, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I do still get crashes and SKSE files in Overwrite a lot, so there might still be some issue. I just keep putting them in the SKSE Scripts mod that GamerPoets instructed to make in a video. I don't think that should keep happening though?

22 minutes ago, Darklustre said:

Ok thank you for that clear explanation! Loot is operating fine now. So I'm curious if you still think the Frostfall error is because of where I have MO2 and everything downloaded to? After I took DoubleYou's suggestion of copying the profile and making a new one, I haven't had that error message since. If there is still some issue I need to be aware of there, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I do still get crashes and SKSE files in Overwrite a lot, so there might still be some issue. I just keep putting them in the SKSE Scripts mod that GamerPoets instructed to make in a video. I don't think that should keep happening though?

If the issue is not presenting itself again, I would chalk it up as a temporary problem that has since been resolved somehow.

39 minutes ago, z929669 said:

If the issue is not presenting itself again, I would chalk it up as a temporary problem that has since been resolved somehow.

Hopefully. So just checking, but nothing sounds overly-concerning about game crashes with SKSE files in Overwrite repeatedly? I should be good to go now?

1 hour ago, Darklustre said:

Hopefully. So just checking, but nothing sounds overly-concerning about game crashes with SKSE files in Overwrite repeatedly? I should be good to go now?

No, but we also recommend redirecting SKSE output to a mod via the MO EXE setup so that this stuff doesn't go into overwrite (ame thing for certain other tools that output logs, etc. often). It is worth looking at that output, but it's usually just junk

[Create files in mod instead of overwrite] in MO EXE config