How to use the CK/Xedit to find out my problem

ModbidBloom

Question

4 answers to this question

LOD is only generated for object that have a reference placing it with a base records that has a model defined. Always generate LOD for the current load order and make sure the generated files always overwrite everything.

If there are invisible full models, then typical reasons would be the NIF or the used textures. 

Invisible objects might still be there and block the player, in that case they might be clickable in console to get their form id.

Remove meshes and textures that modify trees, but keep the plugins enabled. The engine might show the vanilla model/textures or the missing model red exclamation mark etc.

Loading the cell in CK might show the object as is.

A general modding forum might be a better place  for answers how to troubleshooting invisible objects.

Localized it to the SE port of Dark Forests, but don't know why yet, have disabled it until I have time to look through it with a comb in xedit and see how it interacts with my load order. On a somewhat related note dose anyone know if there is a output somewhere with all references found in step four of the DynDOLOD processes, would help a lot in troubleshooting.

The list of all references that will have static object generated by LODGen.exe can be found in..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt

The list of all references that have tree LOD generated for them is saved to the cache folder as *_trees.txt

If debug=1 in the DynDOLOD ini, the list of references found in child worlds is saved to the cache folder as *town_references.txt

You can uncomment line #335 in DynDOLOD Worlds.pas to the save the list of source references and destination references that get and do dynamic LOD to the cache folder as *_DynREFR.txt 

I would think that if TexGen and DynDOLOD were run with a tree mod in place that added some new trees and said tree mod (or its textures/meshes) was later removed, then one could get tree LOD that disappears when loaded into full at close range.