Cannot get Dyndolod to generate static tree LOD

Trishy

Question

I got a new laptop to play Skyrim LE on recently, and Dyndolod has had nothing but problems despite working flawlessly on my old laptop. Every run has some kind of issue. Almost lost my mind over it.

I have copied just some of the specific error messages I have gotten, but all errors are along the lines of the following:

1)Could not re-UV meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforestdead05_4e77d546passthru_lod.nif PineTree05_t:1 Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforestdead05_4e77d546passthru_lod.nif can not read file

2)Error processing meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforestsnow04_38f04f3cpassthru_lod.nif Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\winteraspen01_1033ba76passthru_lod.nif can not read file

3)Error accessing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\lod\imperial\impextbldgstraight02_lod_3.nif Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

4)I forgot to save one of the messages, but there was also an error along the lines of "Can not get hash for shader"

I have tried redownloading all the mods with tree LOD files or that change trees (STEP, EVT, Dense Nordic Forests, Simply Bigger Trees) to ensure no file was accidentally deleted or something, regenerated billboards, and have made sure I have Dyndolod up to date.

I have also tried mixing up whether TreeLOD and/or TreeFullFallBack were set to 0 or 1 in the ini.

I have tried a generation where all the trees are billboards, and while it does finish generating, it looks incredibly ugly and low-res. I attached a screenshot to show what happens, and the leftmost tree is what I wanted all my trees to look like again.

If there are any fixes or ideas, I'd appreciate them. I just want my pretty trees back.

view?usp=sharing

5 answers to this question

Use the x64 version.

Let Windows handle page page / virtual memory automatically.

Nothing, including the game, should be installed to Program Files x86 to avoid problems with UAC, anti vir etc.

First thing, what folder CAN the game be in, seeing as even Dyndolod won't run in certain folders? And is there a way to make this work through MO? Considering MO doesn't work with x64 executables

The game or rather SteamApps can be in any folder you can imagine, it just should not be a special Windows folder under the control of UAC. That's just basic computer and modding knowledge.

So, consult a steam guide how to move SteamApps out of Program Files x86 or any Skyrim modding guide how to setup the game and how to use MO2, which is x64, supports Skyrim and has been out for several years.

Edited by sheson

The game or rather SteamApps can be in any folder you can imagine, it just should be a special Windows folder under the control of UAC. That's just basic computer and modding knowledge.

So, consult a steam guide how to move SteamApps out of Program Files x86 or any Skyrim modding guide how to setup the game and how to use MO2, which is x64, supports Skyrim and has been out for several years.

It worked! Thank you so much!