Dread's STEP SE Core addon

I am currently working on a modlist. The modlist an addon for the STEP: Core guide for Skyrim Special Edition. Since the STEP forums will move in the future and the wiki will be removed i made the mod list as a simple wordpress-page.

Link to the modlist: https://dreadfloppsmodlist.wordpress.com/

The STEP guide is in beta and this mod list will remain in beta/WIP for as least as long as STEP is in beta. For now, consider this a work in progress.

My patches made for the modlist replaces the STEP patch. It comes with a neat FOMOD installer that automatically chooses what to install. The patches consists of a huge bunch of esl-flagged plugins. Since they are esl-flagged you do not have to worry about the old plugin limit. Keeping the patches separated in different plugins helps me when I add, test and replace mods. This also makes both STEP: Core and my mod list mostly modular. There are a few exceptions:

• You need to use the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
  • If you are going to use the Creation Club Survival Mode, you should also use Weapon Armor Clothing Clutter Fixes to avoid inconsistencies

The patches are checked against the STEP patch to make sure everything that it patches is patched by my patches too.

TODO:

• Check that Cathedral Armory and CBBE works as it should
Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

Dread!  Great to see  you back with an SSE modlist/guide.

Just had a look over it;  wondering if you have played SSE using Immersive Patrols much?  I wound up removing it as I found I was getting consistent crashes anytime I was around any of the big battle locations. 

NPCs Travel is a bit of a lighter version that I'm considering right now, though I haven't played with it a ton yet. 

Immersive World Encounters is another mod that can make traveling about the world feel more lively, and I've enjoyed the bit of it I've played with so far, though again haven't really tested it thoroughly.

Dread!  Great to see  you back with an SSE modlist/guide.

Just had a look over it;  wondering if you have played SSE using Immersive Patrols much?  I wound up removing it as I found I was getting consistent crashes anytime I was around any of the big battle locations. 

NPCs Travel is a bit of a lighter version that I'm considering right now, though I haven't played with it a ton yet. 

Immersive World Encounters is another mod that can make traveling about the world feel more lively, and I've enjoyed the bit of it I've played with so far, though again haven't really tested it thoroughly.

Thanks! I'll take a look at those, I haven't gotten any crashes with Immersive patrols but I haven't played that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good so far Dread. I did notice that with the upcoming 2.0 beta of the STEP guide about 15% of your mods on the pack list will be incorporated into the new step core guide.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Changelog/0.2.0b

Thanks, looks like a good update for STEP and some more work for me with the patches. I have decided to remove JKs because of some issues I had with it and DyndoLOD. I'm also thinking about switching to CBBE with a custom body preset, Mature Skin and Cathedral Armory.

• 4 weeks later...