Purple and Pink Lumberpile Textures/Effects

dzee349

Question

Hi Sheson!

Thanks so much for your time.  I have a strange issue specifically with lumber piles in the game, which currently look like the screenshots in the spoiler tags below.  I opened up the console and identified base id: 00071c47 Lumber Pile (Meshes/Furniture/Clutter/MillLogPile.nif) as the object that's affected, and beneath the base id says "lastBaseChange: DynDOLOD.esp."  I was wondering what "lastbasechange" means?  I'm 1000% sure this issue is being caused by another mod, but I'm completely at a loss as to which because I don't have any lumber pile texture mods or manually remove any lumber pile textures.  The only plugins that are touching base id: 00071c47 according to TES5Edit are Skyrim.esm, Immersive Children and DynDOLOD.

Then there's the pink squares sawdust effects on the lumber pile (base id: 0001cc0f Effects/FXSawdustOnThefloor02.nif), the only plugin that is touching it according to TESVEdit is Skyrim.esm.  Might these issues be something you've seen before?  Could it be an issue with my master files being corrupt?  Thanks so much for your time, and sorry to bother you!!

In-Game Screenshots

McOnlpx.jpg

RMX4pdX.jpg

KCyz4R7.jpg

TES5Edit Screenshots

4DJmp5j.png

LfEcWE7.png

Mod List

5 answers to this question

The blue color indicates you are missing the texture for the mesh and I think the pink means you are missing the mesh. The tricky part is that the record in the plugin tells the game which mesh to use and the data in the mesh tells the game which textures to use. For the missing texture issue, you may have a mod installed (such as Static Mesh Improvement Mod) that overwrites the mesh and provides new textures without touching the data in the record.

Those are full models in loaded cells. The missing textures have nothing to do with LOD or DynDOLOD.

The DynDOLOD.esp is the last plugin to change the base record that defines the model, it does not change the defined model or textures from the last plugin before it from which it copied the record.

You already seem to have looked up the base record and found it is using the model Meshes/Furniture/Clutter/MillLogPile.nif

With the entire load order loaded in the xEdit, start its Asset Browser with CTRL + F3 and enter the filename MillLogPile.nif into its filter field on top.

Note the containers as it there might a BSA from a mod that is hint. "Data" means loose file.

If you highlight the found result it will show the used texture paths at the bottom. All those textures need to be in the load order.

Those are full models in loaded cells. The missing textures have nothing to do with LOD or DynDOLOD.

The DynDOLOD.esp is the last plugin to change the base record that defines the model, it does not change the defined model or textures from the last plugin before it from which it copied the record.

You already seem to have looked up the base record and found it is using the model Meshes/Furniture/Clutter/MillLogPile.nif

With the entire load order loaded in the xEdit, start its Asset Browser with CTRL + F3 and enter the filename MillLogPile.nif into its filter field on top.

Note the containers as it there might a BSA from a mod that is hint. "Data" means loose file.

If you highlight the found result it will show the used texture paths at the bottom. All those textures need to be in the load order.

Thank you both so much.  Thank you Sheson!!  I was able to identify the textures paths that are missing from my Data folder that MillLogPile.nif is pointing to.  My last question if it's not too much trouble, would the best fix then be to find the BSAs where these missing textures are coming from, unpack them and then manually drag the textures into my Data folder texture path?

Missing Textures

textures\clutter\lumbermill\LumbermillAccessories01.dds

textures\clutter\lumbermill\LumbermillAccessories01_n.dds
textures\clutter\lumbermill\LumbermillAccessories02.dds
textures\clutter\lumbermill\LumbermillAccessories02_n.dds
textures\clutter\lumbermill\LumbermillSaw01.dds
textures\clutter\lumbermill\LumbermillSaw01_n.dds

textures\effects\gradients\GradSawdust.dds

BSAs Where Textures Live
HighResTexturePack02.bsa
Skyrim - HD02.bsa
Skyrim - Textures.bsa

Skyrim - HD02.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa

Edited by dzee349

There might be a problem with the BSAs not loading properly. This is what you should check and fix. If they actually do load properly, then there might be an issue with the BSAs or the textures themselves being somehow invalid, which should be fixed (maybe download and install again)

There might be a problem with the BSAs not loading properly. This is what you should check and fix. If they actually do load properly, then there might be an issue with the BSAs or the textures themselves being somehow invalid, which should be fixed (maybe download and install again)

Thank you so much Sheson, I really appreciate all of your help! The issue is resolved!  It turns out that there was a Special Edition mod I installed (HD Saw Dust) with the file path data/textures/effects/fxsawdust01.dds and  fxsawdust01_n.dds that I was using with Oldrim, because I had read that textures work fine between the two games.  I saw that the MillLogPile.nif was pointing to the fxsawdust01 files in Asset Browser, so then I thought, what if the issue is a Special Edition texture that doesn't work with Oldrim?  Once I uninstalled that HD Saw Dust mod, the purple/pink texures went away!  So sorry for wasting your time, I'm definitely going to uninstall all Special Edition textures I have installed with Oldrim.  And thank you for the protip about using Asset Browser! I will definitely use that to debug these issues from now on!