Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

It looks like it's doing it in the Alternative Start dungeon. When I go to different inns as starting points it seems like the issue goes away. Can I just assume it's an issue with that specific point and not worry about it?

AFIK the only known issue with that specific cell is that ELFX flickers like hell, all by itself... Most of us have got used to it since it isn't game breaking, but I think someone mentioned a fix not long ago, but I can't remember exactly.

It looks like it's doing it in the Alternative Start dungeon. When I go to different inns as starting points it seems like the issue goes away. Can I just assume it's an issue with that specific point and not worry about it?

The lighting issue with ELFX in the Alternative Start dungeon is a well known and well documented bug/limitation.  I posted a fix I discovered on the STEP forums for it a couple of years ago recently and I believe Lexy incorporated it into the CR Patch unless she forgot (I am no longer getting flickering there so I think she did do it).  Snazzy Furniture is probably overwriting one of ELFX's light fixtures meshes and also trying to correct the flickering issue.

Just have a question about the RUSTIC DEATH HOUND and GARGOYLE - Special Edition mod, the textures are named difrently then the ones that were in the seperete gargoyles and death hound mods is that ok?

It is fine.

Made it more than once, too... And I agree, but hand-holding would actually be making a mod with the replaced meshes and putting it up for download ;) The way I see it you won't be taking away the users' opportunity to learn if you ask them to create a new empty mod instead of a folder inside SSOS. I prefer it and do it myself, the downside being that it's possible to make a mistake and not take notice immediately. And some people don't like to have many asset overwrites for MO to choke on (it shouldn't be an issue, FAIK).

Very good point and I too agree, especially about the hand holding...lol

Edited by Kneph13

The lighting issue with ELFX in the Alternative Start dungeon is a well known and well documented bug/limitation.  I posted a fix I discovered on the STEP forums for it a couple of years ago recently and I believe Lexy incorporated it into the CR Patch unless she forgot (I am no longer getting flickering there so I think she did do it).  Snazzy Furniture is probably overwriting one of ELFX's light fixtures meshes and also trying to correct the flickering issue.

It is fine.

Very good point and I too agree, especially about the hand holding...lol

Okay if it's only in the Alternative Start dungeon I'm not going to worry about it at all. Thanks for the help!

Okay if it's only in the Alternative Start dungeon I'm not going to worry about it at all. Thanks for the help!

The SFCO ELFX patch does nothing to disable ELFX lights whatsoever. A quick look in xEdit will show you that.

As for ASLAL light flickering, that is fixed by disabling the following records:

00057C5C

00057C5D

I just noticed I am getting the following Smash fails when generating the Smash Patch:

Fails[0]: Exception smashing record: MUSCombatBoss03CG [MUST:00000F7E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Fails[1]: Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3E02393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Fails[2]: Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3E02393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Fails[3]: Exception smashing record: [COBJ:3E02393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

I don't know what the MUSCombatBoss03CG [MUST:00000F7E] refers to; but the three [COBJ:3E02393D,D,and F] errors refer to Immersive Armors Daedric Lord Boots, Cuirass, and Gauntlets.

Does anyone know what causes these and how I can fix them before I ask Mator?

Smash Log is too large to attach, I can break it down if need be.

EDIT:  I identified the MUSCombatBoss03CG as a music file and it appears that the Smash Patch cannot carry forward the BSHeartland.esm record into the Smash Patch.  I am going to try and copy that as override into the Smash Patch in SSE Edit and see if that works.

Haven't tried to fix the Daedric Lord Armor parts issue yet.

Edited by Kneph13

Continuing from my earlier post reference Immersive Armors Daedric Lord Boots, Cuirass, and Gauntlets.  From what I can see 3E refers to Ordinator in my load order.  Immersive Armors is 3F.  I have no idea why Smash is looking for a file in Ordinator that does not exist when looking for Immersive Armors.  This is beyond my knowledge level.  I am unable to fix it because those 3 Form IDs do not exist.  Any ideas?

Edited by Kneph13

Maybe don't sell them skooma next time around, I find it causes bad behavior.

Hey, I sold those that I got from the Bandit camp to the Khajiit, not the Imperials!

I did the civil war quest yesterday and ran into several naked Imperial soldiers in multiple locations. Don't know why, but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Tullius' speech at the end had 5 naked soldiers cheering him on.

Maybe they got tired of it being pointed out that they aren't wearing trousers, so they decided to go full frontal?

This is a recent problem for me, so I can only think it's either caused by an upgrade or something I did wrong.

Oh, are you both acquainted with Mogo Mead?!! Been told it's a bit more than bit-guinness...

Why does that sound like an Orc drink?

Ok, so I'm about to go through and redo my ENTIRE build to see what could be causing naked Imperials, and whatever the hell is going on in the giant camp where I only get all of the naked Imperials if I approach from one direction, and what could be causing the sudden CTDs I'm getting. (Although I suspect that is mostly related to me insisting on trying to get parts of Unpaused Game Menus to work, though it worked for quite a while with no CTDs.) But there have been a lot of changes, and it's very very possible I missed something important, either in the instructions themselves, or in the couple of custom patches I insisted on doing. Or most likely, in the recent upgrades. This started after I got caught up with the changelog.

So... question. And PLEASE don't take this as any kind of criticism of the SE guide, it's incredible! But can someone give me moral support for using this rather than the SLE version? Waiting for ports, those ports being buggy or missing features, having to find alternatives for some of my previous favorite mods... I really want to keep using this and I know support will eventually be there (or better mods will be created) but even having everything downloaded, this is going to be a pain, and I really really need some moral support for taking this on again rather than going back to SLE and stable mods that I played with for years.

I am learning a lot about mods and load order and patching and such. Right now, that's definitely one on the plus side!

EDIT: And yes, I see the HUGE note that it's in beta and for experienced modders. That goes with the above that I'm learning things and like that. Again, I seriously mean no insult by this, I think more than the guide, I may be asking more for motivation to stick with SSE.

Edited by OCDCoder

Ok, so I'm about to go through and redo my ENTIRE build to see what could be causing naked Imperials, and whatever the hell is going on in the giant camp where I only get all of the naked Imperials if I approach from one direction, and what could be causing the sudden CTDs I'm getting. (Although I suspect that is mostly related to me insisting on trying to get parts of Unpaused Game Menus to work, though it worked for quite a while with no CTDs.) But there have been a lot of changes, and it's very very possible I missed something important, either in the instructions themselves, or in the couple of custom patches I insisted on doing. Or most likely, in the recent upgrades. This started after I got caught up with the changelog.

So... question. And PLEASE don't take this as any kind of criticism of the SE guide, it's incredible! But can someone give me moral support for using this rather than the SLE version? Waiting for ports, those ports being buggy or missing features, having to find alternatives for some of my previous favorite mods... I really want to keep using this and I know support will eventually be there (or better mods will be created) but even having everything downloaded, this is going to be a pain, and I really really need some moral support for taking this on again rather than going back to SLE and stable mods that I played with for years.

I am learning a lot about mods and load order and patching and such. Right now, that's definitely one on the plus side!

EDIT: And yes, I see the HUGE note that it's in beta and for experienced modders. That goes with the above that I'm learning things and like that. Again, I seriously mean no insult by this, I think more than the guide, I may be asking more for motivation to stick with SSE.

There are arguments for both sides.  After using it and becoming accustomed to it, I prefer SSE.  However, there is nothing wrong with LE, I continued using it until SKSE alpha came out and for awhile afterwards.  Personal preference dear.

Edited by Kneph13

There are arguments for both sides.  After using it and becoming accustomed to it, I prefer SSE.  However, there is nothing wrong with LE, I continued using it until SKSE alpha came out and for awhile afterwards.  Personal preference dear.

I followed the S.T.E.P. guide for SLE and actually still have that installed, although that was a few years ago and obviously pretty much every mod on there is out of date.

As I'm trying to talk myself into this, I keep thinking that support for SSE is only going to get better, it's 64-bit so it's more stable, it's starting out prettier so the mods we're adding just adds to that, if I stop playing again for a while, SLE is going to be even more out of date, making updating all those mods now even more wasted time. If I really think about it, I do have my reasons.

It's just been a hella frustrating day and realizing that I really want to redo this is both a bit exciting and just makes me want to quit modding completely until a couple more years when the dust has settled. (Argument: Start this on a less frustrating day. Counter: If I wasn't doing this I'd be sitting on the couch mindlessly surfing Youtube or Netflix and thinking more about how the universe has been *****-smacking me lately.)

I guess another excuse, my character hasn't been developing like I want her to (I've mentioned that heavily RPed characters take on a life of their own) so if I'm going to restart the game, I might as well do it with a clean build since I've started having so much weirdness the past couple of days.

I'm just going to get some of the stupid questions out of the way right at the start, going through the Prereqs page again. Misunderstanding something here could have been the beginning of my problems.

One example, Wrye Bash, "Manually extract and install to the main Skyrim Special Edition directory." When I extract, I end up with a directory called "Wrye Bash" in my SSE directory. That's correct, right? I'm not supposed to be copying the CONTENTS of that into the main SSE directory? (Similar for a couple other tools.)

And one I just ran into, "The Great Equalizer - Lexy Special Edition." Both it and "MXPF - Mator's xEdit Patching Framework" say to "Download MANUALLY and install into Edit scripts folder in SSEEdit." MXPF had an Edit Scripts directory in the zip, so I installed just the contents of that directory into the Edit Scripts directory in SSEEdit, ignoring the Documentation and ESPs folders. The Great Equalizer doesn't have that directory, so what do I put into the Edit Scripts folder? The first subdirectory containing The Great Equalizer and The Great Equalizer.pas?

...One example, Wrye Bash, "Manually extract and install to the main Skyrim Special Edition directory." When I extract, I end up with a directory called "Wrye Bash" in my SSE directory. That's correct, right? I'm not supposed to be copying the CONTENTS of that into the main SSE directory? (Similar for a couple other tools.)...

After installing Wrye I have E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\Wrye Bash.exe

& E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods for the installer functions we don't use.

As for moral support, you know you want to stick with SSE. This guide is a massive project, just use it for inspiration and cherry pick what you want to deal with. I've skipped some of the new tool like Smash and zEdit for now, and a great many of the more Conflict resolution needy mods. Things run very stable for me, when I stop trying to perfect my setup and just play. 

As for the universe slapping you around, that's not going to stop in my experience, grab a guinness and mod tomorrow :-)