Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

When I go to install a mod on MO2, most of the time I hit manual and some of the mods says "No game data on top level" in red at the bottom of the box. I have a habit of fixing this issue, my question is are some of these mods suppose to be like that, or am I doing the right thing by making sure it says "Looks good" before installing?

You are doing the right thing.

Those mods were just not packed correctly to install in MO right.

Any idea what could be causing SKSE to not load mods? I've followed every step so far in this guide and I have no idea what's causing it.

in your MO configure executables, for SKSE, try removing anything in the "starts in" line.  See if that helps.

You are doing the right thing.

Those mods were just not packed correctly to install in MO right.

in your MO configure executables, for SKSE, try removing anything in the "starts in" line.  See if that helps.

Didn't work unfortunately. Know anything else that might fix the issue?

Also, is anyone unable to download mods from the Nexus on MO2 anymore? Stopped working for me today.

I extract all my BSAs (bad idea? maybe, I'm not really sure) when I install through MO, so I just install them, remove files if stated in the guide, then run the meshes folder through the Optimizer and leave it.

For all I know, extracting everything is a really bad idea. I don't extract any BSA unless I need to mess with the mod's assets, or merge. In those cases, I do as you do. People are beginning to realize how much performance improves if assets are archived in the more recent games, like SSE or FO4. In FO4, actually, certain assets need to be archived or the game will bug out. In SSE you have the nice advantage that its .bsa archives can use lzw4 conversion, which is faster. If you extract this full mod list you'll notice the performance drop. General reading: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4591640-update-bsas-and-you/

Didn't work unfortunately. Know anything else that might fix the issue?

Also, is anyone unable to download mods from the Nexus on MO2 anymore? Stopped working for me today.

Yup, you will need the newest version of MO2 to fix that, which isn't out yet, but is available on their discord right now.

NMM users will need to update to latest version too today.

MO1 Will no longer work, so those that use that for LE will need to upgrade to MO2.

Edited by sirjesto

Any idea what could be causing SKSE to not load mods? I've followed every step so far in this guide and I have no idea what's causing it.

I'm assuming you have SKSE installed directly in the Skyrim folder too right?

You shouldn't have it installed in MO.

Edited by sirjesto

For all I know, extracting everything is a really bad idea. I don't extract any BSA unless I need to mess with the mod's assets, or merge. In those cases, I do as you do. People are beginning to realize how much performance improves if assets are archived in the more recent games, like SSE or FO4. In FO4, actually, certain assets need to be archived or the game will bug out. In SSE you have the nice advantage that its .bsa archives can use lzw4 conversion, which is faster. If you extract this full mod list you'll notice the performance drop. General reading: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4591640-update-bsas-and-you/

Hmm, interesting. I haven't noticed any poor performance even in cities with extra mods on top of the guide, but maybe I'll reinstall a bunch of the mods that use BSAs soon and see if it changes anything.

Maybe I'd notice more if I didn't cap the framerate at 58.

Edited by StoneWallace17

I'm assuming you have SKSE installed directly in the Skyrim folder too right?

You shouldn't have it installed in MO.

Yes, all the files except the SKSE.ini and scripts folder are in the skyrim main directory.

I've narrowed down the issue being any mod that contains a file for the SKSE folder(ie. Skyrim Skill Uncapper). Every mod I have enabled works fine without those. I've never had an issue like this before in the past.

Yup, you will need the newest version of MO2 to fix that, which isn't out yet, but is available on their discord right now.

NMM users will need to update to latest version too today.

MO1 Will no longer work, so those that use that for LE will need to upgrade to MO2.

There's quite a helpfull tip on the "Mod Organizer 2" posts section on the Nexus.

Add the following line to your HOSTS file:

77.72.3.39  nmm.nexusmods.com   # legacy-api.nexusmods.com

Works like a charm with MO2 2.1.2. I can login to the nexus and download as usual with the "Mod Manager Download" Button

....or download the RC2 version from the Discord channel.....

Edited by Battlestar1965

Hey All,

I just finished with creating the patches for the guide and noticed that ETaC - Complete RSC Patch.esp requires ETaC - Complete.esp to be installed as a master file. When I was following the instructions for ETaC on the guide it didn't result in me having this .esp file. Any idea what I should do to resolve this issue?

Hey All,

I just finished with creating the patches for the guide and noticed that ETaC - Complete RSC Patch.esp requires ETaC - Complete.esp to be installed as a master file. When I was following the instructions for ETaC on the guide it didn't result in me having this .esp file. Any idea what I should do to resolve this issue?

Don't use the patch.

It isn't needed as the guide is only telling you to install the Riverwood plugin for ETaC and the NPC that the patch fixes doesn't live there.