Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

That Better Dynamic Snow SE update.....*shudder*, ya'll know what I mean.

Kneph13 (and DarkladyLexy), i went to Better Dynamic Snow SE's mod page to post something about the error we see from Wrye Bash if Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp isn't converted in the CK2.  kvintanzil had already posted something about the same error message on 18 April 2018.  TechAngel85's reply was

It's because that plugin was created in xEdit and I didn't resave it in the CK. WB has some check for that now, but I think that change has been reverted in the beta build. I'll get around to resaving it eventually. Right now, it's not going to cause any issues. Simply exclude it from your Bashed Patch.

I'm in the process of re-building all final patches/SSELODGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD output.  I'll exclude Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp from the Bashed Patch (as TechAngel85 recommended) and see what happens.  Oh, and I'm adding Ultra Trees to the mix.   ::): :cool: :thumbsup: :dancingbanana:

Kneph13 (and DarkladyLexy), i went to Better Dynamic Snow SE's mod page to post something about the error we see from Wrye Bash if Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp isn't converted in the CK2.  kvintanzil had already posted something about the same error message on 18 April 2018.  TechAngel85's reply was

It's because that plugin was created in xEdit and I didn't resave it in the CK. WB has some check for that now, but I think that change has been reverted in the beta build. I'll get around to resaving it eventually. Right now, it's not going to cause any issues. Simply exclude it from your Bashed Patch.

I'm in the process of re-building all final patches/SSELODGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD output.  I'll exclude Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp from the Bashed Patch (as TechAngel85 recommended) and see what happens.  Oh, and I'm adding Ultra Trees to the mix.   ::): :cool: :thumbsup: :dancingbanana:

Ahh Ok so just adding a "NoMerge" Tag would better and save the hassle of that some what confusing conversion Or chcuk the plugin in another merge somewhere. I'll add that to my list for this week

Ahh Ok so just adding a "NoMerge" Tag would better and save the hassle of that some what confusing conversion Or chcuk the plugin in another merge somewhere. I'll add that to my list for this week

Indeed!  ::):

Wrye Bash still posted the stdout/stderr message about the Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp when I excluded it from the Bashed Batch.  I had to uncheck the ESP twice during creation of the Bashed Patch.  LOOT put the patch ESP just after Better Dynamic Snow.esp.

Edited by Decopauge123

I do include a lot of extra quest mods related to the Dragonborn Museum that may account for some 10Gb of drive space.

What extra quest mods are those? I did not find any. Are they available at Nexus and are additional patches needed to make them compatible with this guide?

Hi lovely skyrim modders!

As I've decided to follow this magnificent guide to the letter, please enlighten me this two concern (question):

1. the estimated disc space required? 

2. Is there a way to "lock down" the guide (and all subsidiary pages) is its current state? I can only do modding on spare time and afaik, this one keeps evolving. It would be wonderful if I can safely do this in a longer time span.

Thanks in advanced!

lol well, I can't answer #1 because I added way more 4k textures and the like than this guide suggests... but as for #2 have you tried, on your web browser, clicking File > Print > then change the printer to Adobe PDF and just save the page as a pdf on your computer to view later! However, you may also want to download all the compatibility patches and the like on Lexy's page as those will be sure to change... and also any other mod you download later may have updates that may also need updated compatibility patches... afaik... modding is a never ending adventure! I don't think any one of us will ever be "finished!" and that's what makes it so fun! :)

Just a question, I seen this mod for skyrim and it is very good to add into this guid in my opinion, it can get converted, and as far i noticed no changes that would cause troubles to this guid would just add immersion to stealing i think.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73811

Hi minos55, at the moment the guide's policy is to not add classic Skyrim mods that need custom conversion, and wait for official ports instead... Correct me if I'm wrong.

What extra quest mods are those? I did not find any. Are they available at Nexus and are additional patches needed to make them compatible with this guide?

Just check Legacy's description, under "technical information" > both "integrated support for mods" and "patched support for mods". Of those listed, I'm only using the ones that add content to the museum, not those that are patched for conflicts or consistency. Still, quite a few extras. They should need a thorough check for conflicts with the guide which I haven't done systematically, only chase the conflicts as they become apparent, I'm afraid.

Edited by godescalcus

Indeed!  ::):

Wrye Bash still posted the stdout/stderr message about the Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp when I excluded it from the Bashed Batch.  I had to uncheck the ESP twice during creation of the Bashed Patch.  LOOT put the patch ESP just after Better Dynamic Snow.esp.

I re-converted the NSUTR patch in the CK, despite its being already in form 44, and that corrected whatever was causing the stdout error. No hassle beyond what we do with other mods. 

Edited by godescalcus

I re-converted the NSUTR patch in the CK, despite its being already in form 44, and that corrected whatever was causing the stdout error. No hassle beyond what we do with other mods. 

Actually, there no real issue with Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp it all started cos Wrye Bah implemented there "Version number" checker and it was throwing a wobbly cos the patch was never run through the CK. There is a discussion between TechAngel and Arthmoor over the whole subject. I did read it and decided best to just run the esp through the CK to save hassle and headache.

If you use SMASH you won't have this issue and now that SMASH is "Offically" out I will relook at yet again.

Actually, there no real issue with Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp it all started cos Wrye Bah implemented there "Version number" checker and it was throwing a wobbly cos the patch was never run through the CK. There is a discussion between TechAngel and Arthmoor over the whole subject. I did read it and decided best to just run the esp through the CK to save hassle and headache.

If you use SMASH you won't have this issue and now that SMASH is "Offically" out I will relook at yet again.

OK, so I'm back to converting Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp until we start Smashing mods.  ::): :thumbsup:

Wandering around in Morthal this evening and ran into Isobel Richton from the Brotherhood of Old mod.  She had the black face bug.  Looking in SSEEdit it didn't appear that other mods touched her so I was a little baffled.  Guess I will just export her facegen and see if that fixes it.  Anyone else run into that with her?

Wandering around in Morthal this evening and ran into Isobel Richton from the Brotherhood of Old mod.  She had the black face bug.  Looking in SSEEdit it didn't appear that other mods touched her so I was a little baffled.  Guess I will just export her facegen and see if that fixes it.  Anyone else run into that with her?

Haven't been there or seen that. 

Just check Legacy's description, under "technical information" > both "integrated support for mods" and "patched support for mods". Of those listed, I'm only using the ones that add content to the museum, not those that are patched for conflicts or consistency. Still, quite a few extras.

I've seen those on the LOTD website, but most of the quest mods are already part of Lexy's guide, aren't they?

EDIT: ok, I've just seen that those two are additional to this guide:

Project AHO

Path of The Revenant (never heard of it before though)

And Skyrim Underground for new dungeons

Edited by filiusDei

LOL, initially I stopped generating Ultra Tree because I didn't want/need all the far-off-eye-candy.  Then, before the latest update, I started setting DynDOLOD texture to 256.  I wanted my eye-candy to be more of the up-close variety.  I finally got a screen-shot of the first instance of the error messages (2nd screen shot).  It starts while DymDOLOD processes BSHeartland.esm.  Ah well.   Guess I'll let it run.  Thanks, godescalus!  ::): :thumbsup:

Well, now I'm generating Ultra Trees LOD instead oftraditional tree LOD, SSELODGen using these settings,

- Generate only terrain (trees and objects are DynDOLOD)

- LOD4 quality 5; Diffuse 512, Normals 256, Protect Borders

- LOD8 quality 10; Diffuse 256, Normals 256, Optimize Unseen On

- LOD16 quality 10; Diffuse 256, Normals 128, Optimize Unseen On

- LOD32 quality 15; Diffuse 128, Normals 128, Optimise Unseen 550

- Bake normals (checked);

and Build-standard TexGen/DynDOLOD settings.  The FPS stayed near 45, with occasional drops to 35.

Here's some screen shots.

my DynDOLOD run finally completed successfully after 32min 30sec.  The DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt log file is 6,086KB in size and has 65,088 messages that read (in part) "... Generate tree LOD for this load order".

The interesting thing out of this is that I didn't see the 65,088 messages that read (in part) "... Generate tree LOD for this load order".

Edited by Decopauge123