Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Have you tried deactivating mods until CTDs stopped? Try to isolate the mod(s) which is/are causing your CTDs

Yes i tryed but the results was not logical and very fluctuant...

the only interesting fact is : more 150 mods = random ctd (outside 95% of time) and more 200-250 mods = unplayable

I think about memory problem...

skse.ini ???

Windows 10 directx9 limitations (it's realy true ??)

or i don't know what else...

it's realy possible ?

and if yes, some tweaks or advices about that ??

thanks in advance :)

my rigs :

i7 2700k 

ram : 8go

GC : gtx 1070

win 10

ssd and tralala

hmm...weird. Finally I manage to sort out why my game keep crash when I near to riverwood. 

First, I download and install wrong file of the Enhanced Landscapes - Oaks Standalone.

So after that, I reinstall it, re-run merge plugins again to create Trees and Flora Merged.esp (I actually redownload and reinstall all the 6 mods that are in the merge)

Then, I still face the same problem and CTD at the exact same location (from the starting stones to riverwood, before the 2 wolves), or whenever I fast travel to Riverwood

Then I tried to disable the Trees and Flora Merged, instead i activate back all the 6 mods (by placing back their esp to respective folder), no more crash at the same spot

What had I do wrong? 

New "TESTING" CR Avaialble it should hopefully make the Relic Hunter start easier.

That's good to know, thanks! I'm just starting a new game and looking forward to it! In the first few minutes with the Relic Hunter start there were not even the attacks of the creatures and animals around the camp so easy to survive :D

btw: how do you see the chances that the Morrowloot and Encounter Zones of Skyrim Revamped combo could make it in the next bigger update?

That's good to know, thanks! I'm just starting a new game and looking forward to it! In the first few minutes with the Relic Hunter start there were not even the attacks of the creatures and animals around the camp so easy to survive :D

btw: how do you see the chances that the Morrowloot and Encounter Zones of Skyrim Revamped combo could make it in the next bigger update?

Encounter Zones of Skyrim Revamped probably won't make it in the static encounter zone make the game too tough for example I was sent to Yngvild to collect an artifact and I encountered level 40 draugr and I only level 8 so effective I couldn't continue. I am now trying out a custom MLU Encounter zone patch by Memnochs one of our users.

Encounter Zones of Skyrim Revamped probably won't make it in the static encounter zone make the game too tough for example I was sent to Yngvild to collect an artifact and I encountered level 40 draugr and I only level 8 so effective I couldn't continue. I am now trying out a custom MLU Encounter zone patch by Memnochs one of our users.

That's exactely what I like: realism :) But I'm used to Requiem's start and this is really a pain in the ass^^

That's exactely what I like: realism :) But I'm used to Requiem's start and this is really a pain in the ass^^

well if I wanted to play Requiem I have created an LOTD Requiem build I am all for making things more of a chellenge but I draw the line when I start swearing my head off cause i can't continue my LOTD Playthrough just casue they sent me off to dungeon that cos of another mod I can't collect the sodding artifact I was sent to get until days/weeks (maybe even months in my case) later.

well if I wanted to play Requiem I have created an LOTD Requiem build I am all for making things more of a chellenge but I draw the line when I start swearing my head off cause i can't continue my LOTD Playthrough just casue they sent me off to dungeon that cos of another mod I can't collect the sodding artifact I was sent to get until days/weeks (maybe even months in my case) later.

Really? That sounds awesome :) Where can I find it? Google doesn't tell me :D

I can understand your point and in the case of LOTD it's a lil more complicated, because it's the main mod and the whole guide is build around it. It will be my first serious playthrough with it though, because I had a lot of issues like this in the past. And honestly the last time I gave it a try at SSE i did not realize that the autosort function is available and to manually search all the places in the gallery made me going crazy :D

btw: try to start the very first quest with the first recruit of Helgen Reborn - you have to accompany him to a vamire lair. That's a drastic difficulty increase to draugrs with both Skyrim Revamped mods, so I had to schedule Helgen Reborn for much later and it didn't made sense to think about it before lvl 30-40, which in case of Helgen Reborn was ok for me

Really? That sounds awesome :) Where can I find it? Google doesn't tell me :D

I can understand your point and in the case of LOTD it's a lil more complicated, because it's the main mod and the whole guide is build around it. It will be my first serious playthrough with it though, because I had a lot of issues like this in the past. And honestly the last time I gave it a try at SSE i did not realize that the autosort function is available and to manually search all the places in the gallery made me going crazy :D

btw: try to start the very first quest with the first recruit of Helgen Reborn - you have to accompany him to a vamire lair. That's a drastic difficulty increase to draugrs with both Skyrim Revamped mods, so I had to schedule Helgen Reborn for much later and it didn't made sense to think about it before lvl 30-40, which in case of Helgen Reborn was ok for me

well the only one I know of is this https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified but it for classic version of skyrim and that guide is months out of date was last updated May 2017 and won't probably be updated agin as the authors have moved on. It was actaully by Paul and JD who helped Darth out and looked after things in the early day of of his first guide and the orginal LOTD guide after the twins were born.

well the only one I know of is this https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified but it for classic version of skyrim and that guide is months out of date was last updated May 2017 and won't probably be updated agin as the authors have moved on. It was actaully by Paul and JD who helped Darth out and looked after things in the early day of of his first guide and the orginal LOTD guide after the twins were born.

Lexy, because of the comments here I was checking both Req'tified and Yash'd Up. While Requiem isn't available for the SSE (well, there's a conversion guide at LL but it's still the user who has to do the port), YASH is and, looking at it, seems like multiple mods here tend towards the same goals: disparate races, combat and gameplay overhaul... The extensive compatibility description leads me to think most conflicts with other mods are easily handled by loading YASH first (don't mean all by any means, since I haven't tested it myself)! I wonder if YASH could be used as a base for gameplay changes, complemented by other mods in the guide and, eventually, replacing a few?

While I've been an advocate of the exploration-driven gameplay that LOTD suggests (if you ever want to find most of the relics and unfold the story), in my current testing playthrough I've been trying a bit more of roleplay, no fast-travel, enjoying iNEED's pace of a daily routine (I swear I had NEVER slept before in Skyrim, except for 1 hour naps to trigger/advance quests). I really liked being totally worthless in any sort of combat for the first 10 levels (still using the previous combat combo) and having to hunt game for training (and some gold, actually by selling their Hunterborn yields). The progression is really noticeable until at least level 25, where I am now. Skyrim still doesn't play like Mortal Kombat, nor do I think it should play that way, but some tactics, workarounds, companions and, yes, postponing of certain quests are required. Overall I think these gameplay mods offer a refreshing Skyrim experience.

I might venture into trying YASH with this, unless you have tried already and it really doesn't work.

Lexy, because of the comments here I was checking both Req'tified and Yash'd Up. While Requiem isn't available for the SSE (well, there's a conversion guide at LL but it's still the user who has to do the port), YASH is and, looking at it, seems like multiple mods here tend towards the same goals: disparate races, combat and gameplay overhaul... The extensive compatibility description leads me to think most conflicts with other mods are easily handled by loading YASH first (don't mean all by any means, since I haven't tested it myself)! I wonder if YASH could be used as a base for gameplay changes, complemented by other mods in the guide and, eventually, replacing a few?

While I've been an advocate of the exploration-driven gameplay that LOTD suggests (if you ever want to find most of the relics and unfold the story), in my current testing playthrough I've been trying a bit more of roleplay, no fast-travel, enjoying iNEED's pace of a daily routine (I swear I had NEVER slept before in Skyrim, except for 1 hour naps to trigger/advance quests). I really liked being totally worthless in any sort of combat for the first 10 levels (still using the previous combat combo) and having to hunt game for training (and some gold, actually by selling their Hunterborn yields). The progression is really noticeable until at least level 25, where I am now. Skyrim still doesn't play like Mortal Kombat, nor do I think it should play that way, but some tactics, workarounds, companions and, yes, postponing of certain quests are required. Overall I think these gameplay mods offer a refreshing Skyrim experience.

I might venture into trying YASH with this, unless you have tried already and it really doesn't work.

Never tried YASH so don't know.

I must say godescalcus that xLODGen + DynDOLOD....WoW.  It looks fantastic.  Props to you and whomever else was discussing it on here.  I may have to do like you did and drop some textures though, according to SRM my poor old 970 runs at max memory almost the entire time I am playing.  What I may do instead (I love my pretty textures) is around Christmas time is just swap in a 6gigabyte gtx 1060. It isn't much of an upgrade performance wise, but the extra memory would be a big help.  Would love a 1070 but the price.....*sigh*.

If you like roleplaying you should definitely give Requiem a try, even it's for LE. You won't regret it! I love this mod since 2012 and it was first called "The Oldschool Roleplaying Overhaul" by Xarrian, who unfornately gave up the project many years ago, but he is a GENIUS and the whole base of the mod was created by him alone. I don't know how many hours he has spent, I've forgotten, but it was a four-digit-number.

Long story short: it's just awesome! There's so much to say about it... all the details, all the aha experiences and surprises in such a positive way. And after your first attempt to clear Bleak Falls Barrow... you will find out yourself :)

There's a hughe guide for it by Belmont Boy called Ultimate Skyrim, but it's not updated to the new version. That's no problem because Requiem 2.0... well, this is the parting of the ways. Some prefer 1.9.4 and I haven't tested 2.0 because I'm waiting for Ultimate Skyrim 4.0 (for Requiem 2.0). The only downside is that it doesn't include LOTD.

BUT if you don't know Requiem I'd start a new game anyway with as less mods as possible. Believe me, it's more than enough and feels like a completely different game :)

Edited by filiusDei

Check out version 16 beta here at S.T.E.P. and read through its forum. In now generates distant terrain meshes and the result for terrain alone is way better than DynDOLOD. You still need to run the latter if you want dynamic lods and tons of extra objects. xLODGen allows for object and tree lods but what I do is to generate only terrain lods, activate and then run DynDOLOD. xLODGen offers a lot of customization. I tried first with Sheson's suggested parameters, then alt3n1ty's (3rd page in the thread) and the improvement was out of this world.

What I did was similar, first TexGEN, then xLODGen (which now generates meshes AND textures, so I'm not sure TexGEN is actually necessary), then DynDOLOD. Get ready because xLODGen with alt3rn1ty's parameters takes well over an hour in my build, twice as long as DynDOLOD. I suggest reading the thread (there aren't that many pages yet), try Sheson's suggested parameters for a quick first look, then try alt3rn1ty's for a much finer outcome.

That's incredible, godescalus!  I'll be running xLODGen and DynDOLOD together, as you suggested, and see how it goes.

I must say godescalcus that xLODGen + DynDOLOD....WoW.  It looks fantastic.  Props to you and whomever else was discussing it on here.  I may have to do like you did and drop some textures though, according to SRM my poor old 970 runs at max memory almost the entire time I am playing.  What I may do instead (I love my pretty textures) is around Christmas time is just swap in a 6gigabyte gtx 1060. It isn't much of an upgrade performance wise, but the extra memory would be a big help.  Would love a 1070 but the price.....*sigh*.

Kneph13 and godescalus, xLODGen and DynDOLOD used together do indeed look fantastic!  They're the Dynamic LOD DUO! :woot:

xLODGen (I renamed it to SSELODGen, but you can also use an '-sse' command line parameter) is able to generate Object, Tree and Terrain LOD.  sheson says that users of Skryim/Skyrim SE continue to use DynDOLOD for drastically improved object and tree LOD generation, so (at least for now) xLODGen primary use is to generate Terrain LOD.  As you suggested, godescalus, I used alt3rn1ty's suggested settings to generate my terrain LOD.  With my current Build (See my ModWat.ch for details), generation took 63 minutes.  

The log for the primary run has 511 data points.

VRam:  Low - 231MB         High - 4069 (1 time)/ 21 times above 4GB

GPU Usage:  Low - 0%              High - 99% (78 times)

FPS was usually at/just below 60.  Take a look at some of the screen shots from the runs (I didn't post the ones showing fast-travel transition and menus/I made several short runs without logging anything)

I used DarkladyLexy's suggested DynDOLOD settings for tree and object LOD generation, but I didn't run Ultra Trees (because I have 4GB VRam and want to have a greater variety of short/medium/long-distance eye-candy).  Someone that has at least 8GB VRam could generate UltraTrees LOD along with zLODGen for the best LOD combination available.

DarkladyLexy, please consider adding xLODGen to Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition (at least as an optional).  I think it compliments DynDOLOD object/tree LOD generation very nicely.  Mod notes for it could tell modders that they should expect long run times it when using it.  The different terrain LOD generation settings allow modders to select "just the right output" to suit them.  ::):

Edited by Decopauge123