Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Yes i tryed but the results was not logical and very fluctuant...

the only interesting fact is : more 150 mods = random ctd (outside 95% of time) and more 200-250 mods = unplayable

I think about memory problem...

skse.ini ???

Windows 10 directx9 limitations (it's realy true ??)

or i don't know what else...

it's realy possible ?

and if yes, some tweaks or advices about that ??

thanks in advance :)

my rigs :

i7 2700k 

ram : 8go

GC : gtx 1070

win 10

ssd and tralala

The Windows 10 directx problem was fixed by Microsoft a long time ago.  Your rig should not be a problem.

Kneph13 and godescalus, xLODGen and DynDOLOD used together do indeed look fantastic!  They're the Dynamic LOD DUO! :woot:

xLODGen (I renamed it to SSELODGen, but you can also use an '-sse' command line parameter) is able to generate Object, Tree and Terrain LOD.  sheson says that users of Skryim/Skyrim SE continue to use DynDOLOD for drastically improved object and tree LOD generation, so (at least for now) xLODGen primary use is to generate Terrain LOD.  As you suggested, godescalus, I used alt3rn1ty's suggested settings to generate my terrain LOD.  With my current Build (See my ModWat.ch for details), generation took 63 minutes.  

The log for the primary run has 511 data points.

VRam:  Low - 231MB         High - 4069 (1 time)/ 21 times above 4GB

GPU Usage:  Low - 0%              High - 99% (78 times)

FPS was usually at/just below 60.  Take a look at some of the screen shots from the runs (I didn't post the ones showing fast-travel transition and menus/I made several short runs without logging anything)

I used DarkladyLexy's suggested DynDOLOD settings for tree and object LOD generation, but I didn't run Ultra Trees (because I have 4GB VRam and want to have a greater variety of short/medium/long-distance eye-candy).  Someone that has at least 8GB VRam could generate UltraTrees LOD along with zLODGen for the best LOD combination available.

DarkladyLexy, please consider adding xLODGen to Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition (at least as an optional).  I think it compliments DynDOLOD object/tree LOD generation very nicely.  Mod notes for it could tell modders that they should expect long run times it when using it.  The different terrain LOD generation settings allow modders to select "just the right output" to suit them.  ::):

I am using both of them and generating Ultr Trees LOD.  I am not having a problem with my rig.

the only interesting fact is : more 150 mods = random ctd (outside 95% of time) and more 200-250 mods = unplayable

I would deactivate mods until there are no more CTDs. Then reactivate one after the other and find out which mod(s) is(are) causing it and fix the first issue, and then the next one if necessary

Edited by filiusDei

Kneph13 and godescalus, xLODGen and DynDOLOD used together do indeed look fantastic!  They're the Dynamic LOD DUO!  :woot:

Glad it worked. Did you use, these settings that alt3rn1ty mentions later (page 8 of the discussion, with texture size as he previously set in page 3):

I'm now using quality 5,10,10,10 aswell since a few days ago, and for Optimize unseen LOD32 raised it from previous 500 to 800, remarkable difference in detail for the edge of rivers and water bodies, but I do notice a bit of z-fighting has been introduced. Its especially noticable in the swampy area east of Solitude, where the pool edges and land flicker over each other ..

.. so I think I just need to try Optimize unseen at 700 next instead of 800, with quality for LOD32 at 15

Edit : Optimize Unseen for LOD32 600 is the sweet spot for me, and is still a remarkable difference from 500

I'm using those exact same settings now, only with quality 5,10,10,15. Optimize unseen 600 greatly helps to get finer contour around water bodies. What Optimize Unseen itself does is merge polygons that are hidden (as in below a water surface). As you can imagine, when doing so the contour of that water surface may be drastically changed, especially shallow ones. To alleviate that problem, you set a depth that will be given to the vertices of those merged polygons (the number 500, 600, etc... that alt3rn1ty's talking about). That results in a much better defined shoreline and especially much better pond, lake and river margins. Exaggerating that value will cause flickering and wellden, another user, has set his sweet spot at 550, which I tend to agree with (just didn't have the patience to update just to get rid of some minor flickering I get with 600). 

I also use DynDOLOD High preset, the rest of the settings according to the guide. It seems to me that a much better defined and vivid distant terrain looks rather empty without the extra rocks and general objects that only render with High.
  • +1 1

I think about memory problem...

skse.ini ???

Windows 10 directx9 limitations (it's realy true ??)

or i don't know what else...

it's realy possible ?

and if yes, some tweaks or advices about that ??

thanks in advance :)

my rigs :

i7 2700k 

ram : 8go

GC : gtx 1070

win 10

ssd and tralala

I have the full vanilla Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition Build installed (see my ModWat.ch in signature).  I have what is today an average computer that was top-of-the-line 3 years ago (see my system specifications in signature).  There in one additional mod (xLODGen Output) that is only meshes/textures for Terrain LOD generation.  I have 586 mods in my load order(several mods are "empty-mod place holders").  There were over 300 ESPs/ESMs before merging; 224 after merging; 185 after Wrye Bash.  Most MO2 Utilities/Tools are installed in "D:\SSE-Modding\MO2-Utilities" (traditional HD).  Champollion and SSEEdit are installed in "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition" (SSD).  MO2 and Skyrim SE are installed in "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common".

I rarely had CTD when I first started following this Build in January.  I've had one CTD in the last 2 weeks, probably caused because I was running FRAPS and NVidia Inspector for logging/testing purposes while doing multiple-fast travels during my recent xLODGen testing and generating multiple screenshots.

I don't know the reason(s) you're seeing so many CTDs.  Did you follow DarklasyLexy's Build directions?  Have you tried following filiusDei's suggestion for determining the reason CTDs occur?  It's very tedious, but it almost always succeeds in finding out which mod(s) are the source of CTDs.

Edited by Decopauge123

Glad it worked. Did you use, these settings that alt3rn1ty mentions later (page 8 of the discussion, with texture size as he previously set in page 3):

I'm using those exact same settings now, only with quality 5,10,10,15. Optimize unseen 600 greatly helps to get finer contour around water bodies. What Optimize Unseen itself does is merge polygons that are hidden (as in below a water surface). As you can imagine, when doing so the contour of that water surface may be drastically changed, especially shallow ones. To alleviate that problem, you set a depth that will be given to the vertices of those merged polygons (the number 500, 600, etc... that alt3rn1ty's talking about). That results in a much better defined shoreline and especially much better pond, lake and river margins. Exaggerating that value will cause flickering and wellden, another user, has set his sweet spot at 550, which I tend to agree with (just didn't have the patience to update just to get rid of some minor flickering I get with 600). 

I also use DynDOLOD High preset, the rest of the settings according to the guide. It seems to me that a much better defined and vivid distant terrain looks rather empty without the extra rocks and general objects that only render with High.

I used alt3rn1ty settings from Page 3 for the one xLODGen run I've made.  I'll probably follow your suggestion and use the ones from (page 8 of the discussion, with texture size as he previously set in page 3) for my next run.

I didn't know there are objects that only render with a High DynDOLOD setting.  I guess I'll try it the next time I run DynDOLOD and see what happens. :thumbsup:

Edited by Decopauge123

Screenshots. ;)

And check out this comparison from the old DynDOLOD thread, still valid: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5011-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-pre-2xx/?do=findComment&comment=80862

That's Sweet Eye-candy, godescalus!

Sigh, now I want a bleeding-edge computer with 16GB Vram so I can run UltraTrees/xLODGen/DynDOLOD-High. :geek:

I could give xLODGEn a go need to learn how to use it thou.

Cool, DarkladyLexy.  :cool:  

I am using what he had on page3 and then modified on page 8.  It looks great!!!  I will have to try DynDOLOD High preset to see if I can run it without too much of a FPS drop.