Ok what did I do wrong?

Matriga

Question

post-7006-0-89795600-1497362959_thumb.jpg

modlist.txt

loadorder.txt

Anything else you need? let me know. I didn't see any errors in the main window while loading. Looked fine just like when loading xEdit.

Update: Seems the error happens even when loading just Skyrim.esm, so it's an issue with the installation / MO hook. Redownloading/installing and trying again.

Edited by Matriga

The xEdit message about [skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD". is normal and can be ignored.

Can you write down the steps/clicks you do to get to that message?

Then click OK on that message and Cancel and close the program. Post/upload the ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt it created. Delete any old log file first, so it only contains the last run.

Ok. After RTFM (I have), I click Advanced, then right click in the world's window and select all. I load rules for candles and FXGlow, then click Medium. I've tried low and high as well. Same result. If I click ok it hangs up on creating atlas textures, I even let it sit over night thinking it might push it's way through. It's been doing this for a few days. I have downloaded fresh copies of the Standalone, Resources, and Patches I need. I have to go into task manager and end the process. Closing the app does nothing. It totally freezes up.

Could it be a memory problem, through MO?

Also it leaves no log file

Most likely something with a mod in the load order tripping up the process.

Do the same steps as I suggested, click OK on the message, but then click Cancel instead of OK. When you then close DynDOLOD.exe, it will write the logfile that I would like to look at.

Edited by sheson

Well. I closed it, opened it and just used the Wizard to run it. No candles or fxglow. Seems to be running ok. Got the error, but DOS boxes are popping up. I'll send a lot if it finishes. If not, I'll do as you directed. 

Just a thought or two:

You mention the error seems to be with the ESM for Skyrim - have you validated all files via Steam (to ensure a clean copy of the file), and then cleaned it again (per STEP Guide instructions) to ensure that the file itself isn't the problem?

I am not sure what you mean by LOD is gone. LOD can be turned off with tll in console.

Maybe the LOD distance settings in the INI are really low - which means LOD detail is really low as it uses the highest LOD level for everything for example.

If object LOD generation is incomplete it should fall back to vanilla LOD for all or parts of the LOD.

Check the end of the log of the generation that there are lines for each worldspace looking like

LODGen.exe completed succesfully C:\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel_log.txt

Edited by sheson

Shouldn't be on low. I'm using BethINI, and the ultra preset. Everything appears as normal without dyndolod.esp. After loading it, anything LOD is completely gone. I had to TCL and get right up on Dragonsreach to get it to materialize.

Edited by Matriga

Regarding the error message when clicking low, medium, high. If you can still replicate it, please test if temporarily removing the bashed patch or any/all of the merged plugins changes the number 539 or even prevents the error from happening.