Using MXFP to recreate (parts of) SkyRe's ReProccer: Feasible or not?

Sacralletius

Question

Hi there

I'm thinking of recreating SkyRe's ReProccer in MXPF, or at least parts of it. I have asked T3nd0 about the source code of the ReProccer, but unfortunately he no longer has that.

I assume it's possible to "recompile" a .jar file and view parts of the source code, to get a general idea about it?

However, my real question: Is it possible to remake the ReProccer in MXPF? I myself have very little experience coding in Pascal (or programming in general), so I'm not sure whether this is going to work?

From the ReProccer modpage, it does the following things: (along with some notes what I would prefer to use/don't use)

- Categorize weapon types, based on names (a "Katana" in mod XY will be recognized by SkyRe after running the patcher) -> assign via new injected keywords?

- Categorize weapon types, based on an "override" list (force weapons into categories, in case the name check fails) -> I would prefer not using any lists of weapons added by mods, instead use injected keywords, which can also be based on the weapon name. For instance, if the name includes "Longsword" -> add new "Longsword" keyword.

- Adjust weapon stats to SkyRe levels - or to anything one wishes, due to configuration. Based on material and type. -> Only edit stats of new weapon types (by using a multiplier).

- Rename any vanilla-like sword to "Broadsword" -> Drop this.

- Assign any bow to either the "shortbow" or "longbow" category, depending on material or name, and rename it accordingly -> This is done via existing keywords.
- Create SkyRe crossbow variants off of any mod-added crossbow. So, if a mod adds a Dragonbone Crossbow, the ReProccer can create Recurve, Silenced.... versions that work with the perks. This includes crafting,tempering and meltdown recipes. -> Would love to include this.
- Create "Refined Silver" variants of any silver weapon. This includes crafting, tempering and meltdown recipes. -> Would love to include this.
- Adjust gravity influence, speed and damage of ammunition and projectiles, based on type and material -> Would love to include this.
- Create ammo variants used in SkyRe (explosive, timebomb, lightsource...) off of any ammo -> Would love to include this.
- Adjust armor stats to SkyRe levels. Again, slot multipliers and material influence are fully modifyable -> Drop this, unless entirely new armor type, for which new injected keywords will be used.
- Assign shields to the categories "light" and "heavy", depending on material, and rename them accordingly -> Would love to include this.
- Set new cap for maximum armor protection -> Doable without patcher
- Set new value for "protection gained per armor" -> Doable without patcher

- Let mod-added armor work with "Masquerade" -> Would love to include this.
- Force vanilla armor material keywords upon mod-added armor -> Not sure about this.
- Add crafting requirements to any leather material armor -> Drop this.
- Add meltdown recipes to any armor/weapon -> Would love to include this.
- Add material perk requirements to any tempering recipe -> Would love to include this.
- Make all ingredient effects work over time, based on effect name. Highly customizable. -> Drop this.
- Optionally force minimum/maximum values on the patched ingredients, to prevent ingredients from becoming worthless or too expensive. -> Drop this.

Are these things feasible or even doable within MXPF?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Sac

6 answers to this question

Jar files shouldn't need decompiling they are simply archives .jar stands for Java Archive you will need a decompiler/editor such as JD-GUI to view the various class files you will find inside.

In theory, it should be doable as both are Turin complete.

If you give it a try, use a decent editor such as Atom it will make your tasks easier.

Good luck :)

• +1 1

This is completely doable.

However, depending on your timing you may be better off waiting.  I'm currently making a DLL wrapper for the xEdit framework, and will be following that up with a rebuild of the xEdit application in Javascript with Electron.  This new xEdit "frontend" will be called zEdit, and will have much better patching capabilities than what is currently possible with xEdit scripting.

The current timescale is fairly uncertain, but I wouldn't expect anything usable for at least another month.

Edited by Mator
  • +1 1

on a similar note, what would be the best course of action at this point for trying to get a DSR patch on SSE? Would it be best to attempt this using some xedit script(s), waiting for zEdit, decompiling and tweaking DSR patcher, or manually making the patch (i dont think this is realistic though)