Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

99% done, I thought I'd make it all the way through unscathed but alas...  WHy on earth doesn't Dual Sheath Redux show as an option under SUM?   Asis is there and SUM patches it fine.   I see in the data tab under Skyproc patchers : Dual Sheath Redux is right under ASIS with 3 files - Dual Sheath Redux patch.jar and two .bat files for more heapspace 32bit and 64.    Reinstalled DSR.  Totally stymied.   Thoughts?  

i think your  DSR download might be wrong ?

In addition to those files  ,there should also be a  interface , meshes .scripts folders and an .esp .

99% done, I thought I'd make it all the way through unscathed but alas...  WHy on earth doesn't Dual Sheath Redux show as an option under SUM?   Asis is there and SUM patches it fine.   I see in the data tab under Skyproc patchers : Dual Sheath Redux is right under ASIS with 3 files - Dual Sheath Redux patch.jar and two .bat files for more heapspace 32bit and 64.    Reinstalled DSR.  Totally stymied.   Thoughts?  

i never use SUM i find it far easier to just run the skyproc patchers indivdually myself.

i would first try DSR without using SUM if that fails then redownload DSR and try again.

Edited by Darth_mathias

i think your  DSR download might be wrong ?

In addition to those files  ,there should also be a  interface , meshes .scripts folders and an .esp .

I think those are there under the mod in MO.   Those 3 files I listed show up under the data tab in the right pane and I believe those are the ones under the script folder (but can't see from work for sure). I've installed DSR twice using the fomod.   I'm assuming the install went well.     

Simply confounding.   I'm pretty sure I have the correct Java and process since I have SUM working with ASIS and the binary path etc is set up just like DSR's.   But SUM doesn't see DSR and I get a Java virtual machine launcher "a java exception has occurred message as I try to run DSR's patcher separately.  

Are you guys using the latest DSR v 1.7.3 dated NOV 7 ?     

Simply confounding.   I'm pretty sure I have the correct Java and process since I have SUM working with ASIS and the binary path etc is set up just like DSR's.   But SUM doesn't see DSR and I get a Java virtual machine launcher "a java exception has occurred message as I try to run DSR's patcher separately.  

Are you guys using the latest DSR v 1.7.3 dated NOV 7 ?     

ahh neverthemind.  finally got.  Was chasing my tail, as usual.   I simply wasn't using the latest V of java per the instructions because - Sum didn't see DSR which confused me and when I came around to running the DSR patcher separately I was experimenting with an older v. of Java.   

Another Q? though.  Are there supposed to be two Asis esps ?   asis.esp and ASIS-Dependency.esp ?  

ahh neverthemind.  finally got.  Was chasing my tail, as usual.   I simply wasn't using the latest V of java per the instructions because - Sum didn't see DSR which confused me and when I came around to running the DSR patcher separately I was experimenting with an older v. of Java.   

Another Q? though.  Are there supposed to be two Asis esps ?   asis.esp and ASIS-Dependency.esp ?  

Yes

A couple more installation notes (VERY minor things, really. I'm just hoping to be helpful in page maintenance - feel free to tell me to go very far away if it's more annoying than useful!):

The instructions for Campfire - Complete Camping System say that we're not to install certain scripts and a DLL; but they aren't available to be tinkered with until after the BSA is unpacked during the installation (so the instructions should probably tell us to remove them afterwards).

[Edit:] Ditto with Frostfall. The requests "do not install" files are not available until after the BSA is extracted.

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim adds a readme folder (AOS 2.5 Read Me Files) that you would typically have us delete after the installation.

Also, in several places the FOMOD instructions depict a "Next" button where the actual installer button says "Install" (See? I told you these were VERY minor things).

Speaking of which, it's absolutely amazing to me that you can do something this comprehensive and complicated, and leave only these tiny little nits for people like me to pick over. Thanks for all that you do for the community at large, and for we Skyrim Revisited followers in particular.

Edited by dstansberry

SR:LE instructions are always set to extract BSAs. This needs to be configured in MO, so it automatically extracts BSAs.

As per SR:LE guide:

Select "BSA Extractor" in the left pane.
In the right pane, double click the value to the right of "enabled" and select "true".

Hope this helps! :)

SR:LE instructions are always set to extract BSAs. This needs to be configured in MO, so it automatically extracts BSAs.

As per SR:LE guide:

Select "BSA Extractor" in the left pane.
In the right pane, double click the value to the right of "enabled" and select "true".

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for your reply!

It's set to do so - and it works fine. There are several places in the guide where Neo indicates that certain files shouldn't be installed, and other places where he indicates that certain files should be removed after the mod is installed (because you can't really remove the files until after the installation of the mod is complete). I was just pointing out to Neo that the instructions for those two mods should probably be amended to remove the files post-installation, as you can't really NOT install them, since they're locked inside the BSA until after they're extracted during the installation. :o)

Actually you can choose which files to install and which not during any mod's installation in MO that does not have a FOMOD installer.

You just switch to manual in MO's installation window and in teh data folder you expand the appropriate directory and  untick the ones you do not want ;)

Actually you can choose which files to install and which not during any mod's installation in MO that does not have a FOMOD installer.

You just switch to manual in MO's installation window and in teh data folder you expand the appropriate directory and  untick the ones you do not want ;)

Not if the files are inside a bsa though. In that case you've to install the mod first.

Not if the files are inside a bsa though. In that case you've to install the mod first.

Yeap that's right!

So i see...there lies the question of @dstansberry...for mods that are in bsa format and the guide says "Do not install..." instead of "Post installation delete"...I misread his question...apologies!

hey Neo i was update my graphic driver annd resetting Nvidia Inspector the main setp Wiki says:

Texture Filtering

InspectorSkyrimTextureFiltering.png

The settings for AF should match the picture above for the STEP recommendations from the STEP Guide. In the INI tweak section on the STEP Guide, Anisotropic Filtering (AF) was turned off. Now it needs to be turned on using Inspector.

20px-Info-Logo.png      Notice:Users not using ENBoost should set Anisotropic filtering setting as indicated below. ENBoost users should ensure the Anisotropic filtering setting is off and set ForceAnisotropicFiltering is set to true in the enblocal.ini file.

now there are 2 setting to turn offthe Anisotropic filtering setting OFF [Linar] OFF [Point] which shoudl we use to make sure it actuall off. Or dont we need to do that.

EDIT oh DUH I am such an idiot and blind as a bat today the picture has anwered my question ignore me, been that type of day today

Edited by Darth_mathias