What's the best way to rebuild a MERGE after an update to an esp?

Quahogs

Question

Sorry this tool is still quite new to me...

As I imagine in this scenario  - A mod was updated from 2.0 to 2.01.  That mod was a part of a 5 mod/esp merge.   All 5 of those mods are now inactive in MO's left hand pane and the new MERGED MOD is active with it's new esp.  

Would my procedure be:  

1.  delete the newly created Merged Mod.  

2.  re-activate all 5 mods

3.  install the new updated mod to 2.01

4.  follow NEO/DARTH merge instructions from scratch again.   

Thanks all

5 answers to this question

This is what I'm doing, if there's a clever way anyone knows I'm all ears.

I've already had to re-make five or so merges, one was the 17 mod landscape and clutter one in LoTD.

Really does take some time doesn't it? Hehe...

Now if your mod loadout has room, if a couple mods are being updated very often I would just stop merging them altogether. I might start doing this with a few, we'll see...

That's a good point.  I guess I'll be keeping that in mind when I start on LoTD (almost done with SRLE).  Initially I'll probably mirror the guide until I get a handle on how everything interacts.   Looks like I'm going to need to break out an excel spreadsheet to track everything...  

Before you delete the old merge take a note of the esp position in the load order (right pane). After you have rebuilt the merge with the updated mods, disabled the individual mods and enabled the new merge, then move the new merged esp back to exactly the same position in the load order so you don't have to resort masters on everything again.

Isn't it better to just remerged it immediately rather than deleting it first?

If you intended to continue your old save wouldn't deleting and then remerging the mod will cause the different form IDs?

Me personally just remerge it because of the issue I think could happened

Edited by reddvilzz

Sorry this tool is still quite new to me...

As I imagine in this scenario  - A mod was updated from 2.0 to 2.01.  That mod was a part of a 5 mod/esp merge.   All 5 of those mods are now inactive in MO's left hand pane and the new MERGED MOD is active with it's new esp.  

Would my procedure be:  

1.  delete the newly created Merged Mod.  

2.  re-activate all 5 mods

3.  install the new updated mod to 2.01

4.  follow NEO/DARTH merge instructions from scratch again.   

Thanks all

this is actually the method I have always used when updating Merged mods. that way if any texture meshes or scripts file was deleted it shouldn't still be in the "older merge"