Too many mod files showing up

Crimson13

Question

I've been getting this lately when Wrye Bash comes up; the full message is: Too many mod files. It appears that you have more than 325 mods and bsas in your data directory and auto-ghosting is disabled. This may cause problems in Skyrim; see the readme under auto-ghost for more details and please enable auto-ghost.

However I've never turned off auto-ghosting or even knew what it was nor do I use over 325 mods. After ticking off the ones that aren't needed with MO or are merged after making a Bashed Patch I've got less than 245. The only thing I've done with Wrye Bash at all is to make Bashed Patches. Anyone know what Wrye Bash's problem is?

Edited by Crimson13

2 answers to this question

I've been getting this lately when Wrye Bash comes up; the full message is: Too many mod files. It appears that you have more than 325 mods and bsas in your data directory and auto-ghosting is disabled. This may cause problems in Skyrim; see the readme under auto-ghost for more details and please enable auto-ghost.

However I've never turned off auto-ghosting or even knew what it was nor do I use over 325 mods. After ticking off the ones that aren't needed with MO or are merged after making a Bashed Patch I've got less than 245. The only thing I've done with Wrye Bash at all is to make Bashed Patches. Anyone know what Wrye Bash's problem is?

I know there was an issue with HDD thrashing in oblivion but I havent heard the same for skyrim.

I would recommend ignoring WB and do not enable auto ghost.

If you do, its easy to fix but a little annoying

I know it's a few months late but how would go about disabling auto ghost (where is this setting) also is it still safe to create bashed patches while recieving this message.

I've been using WB for bashed patches for a while now but I've only just got this message, I run 223 plugins but I have mods that I haven't installed, could this adversely affect WB in some way ?

**EDit**

I just noticed that If I disable/Uninstall my merged mods and run with the original plugins (which equals a higher number (209 merged vs 223 non merged)) Wrye Bash/Smash does not complain anymore

Edited by Rebel47