FNIS Skeleton Arm Fix not working

Homeslice1287

Question

Hey Everyone, I have been searching for hours online to try and find a fix for the issue I'm having but nothing seems to work, changing my load order, enabling/disabling mods, uninstalling/reinstalling mods and even completely uninstalling Skyrim, all my mods and all of the modding tools that I use for Skyrim and nothing has worked thus far, so I am asking you for help.

I have FNIS and XPMS Extended Skeleton installed with the Skeleton Arm Fix ticked when FNIS gets run and for some reason, my arms still morph outside of my body when having and weapon drawn or using any spell in first person view only, I thought it was Enhanced Camera messing with the skeleton but I turned it off and nothing changed, my game works perfectly except for this issue so I don't think it's an issue with my load order or any mods I have installed but I'm probably wrong when it comes to that, can anyone help? I will provide more details if need be, I really want this fixed, it's only a small thing but it's completely immersion breaking and I want it gone!!

What settings did you choose in FNIS and what mods were active when you created this? I don't have the 'weaponequip.hkx' in my output when I choose only Skeleton Arm Fix.

Also you should get into the habit of creating a mod from the FNIS output and enabling that instead of leaving them there. In this case though that isn't the problem, just for future reference.

I thought the problem may have been what you mentioned but I tried what you said and it didn't change anything.

I chose the Skeleton Arm Fix and Archery Gameplay Overhaul because I also have that mod installed, I had XPMS Skeleton Extended active before getting FNIS and thought that might be the issue but I reinstalled that after getting FNIS and nothing changed, I just tried deleting 'weaponequip.hkx' and was able to play without CTD but deleting it still changed nothing and I still get the problem.

https://imgur.com/a/KS3XJ

That is what I see and I have no clue what is causing it, and I have used FNIS with the Skeleton Arm Fix. This also happens with every other item in the game, including spells and torches, any help is greatly appreciated :)

This isn't the skeleton arm issue. To experience the one fixed by ticking the checkbox, re-run FNIS with it un-checked an play around while carrying a torch. The left arm won't be acting as it should, like it isn't animated.

Your issue look more like an issue with a 1st person camera mod and a bad FOV.

If you're using SKGE that's most likely the offender, though by the "feel" of your screen it doesn't look like you're using it. If not, what 1st person camera mod are you using, and what is your actual FOV ?

Edited by Kesta

Try with a lower FOV (on a new game, FOV settings tend to somehow get baked up in savegame some way or another IIRC. At least I think I read that from jon on afkmods once), and see if it fix it. But this really look like an FOV issue, mine glitch kinda like this if I go at 90 or above. Though part of your torso seems to glitch as well, and I don't recall I had this.

SKGE stand for Skyrim Graphic Extender. This is a graphical enhancement with several features, one of which is to force your FOV to a desired value, which is 90 by default. Link : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75954/?