Site Maintenance ×

Windhelm Area = Freeze

MKeener

Question

Problem 1: suddenly my game is automatically saving two new files every time I open skyrim despite having all autosave options disabled in game. Maybe this is causing...

Problem 2: I try to fast travel to one of the areas near Windhelm = Infinite load screen. I try to walk anywhere near windhelm = freeze (not even CDT, freeze). 

Edited by MKeener

5 answers to this question

Skyrim freezing is due to threads deadlocking each other when releasing/requesting ram. Ensure crashfixes and its pre-loader are installed and use osallocators=1 in the crashfixes ini file. Instructions are on the crashfixes page.

Thanks LordOfLA, but I still seem to be having the problem even after doing that. Vanilla Skyrim works fine but I get freezing when I use the Skyrim Revisited Profile (only mods in the guide are installed). Funny thing is, I'm getting about 3300MB VRAM in areas like Whiterun, well over the 3100 cap. And I'm hovering around 3200 when fast traveling too windhelm (infinite load screen) or walking towards it (when I freeze). Also note my GPU has 6GB VRAM so that's not my issue. Should I be using SSME or is that incorporated into SKSE 1.7.3?

Edited by MKeener

Okayyy. So I unclicked my DynDOLOD TexGen & Worlds Output and no more freezing. Buuuut, my FPS  drops down to like 30 in the front of the city and also when I go across the bridge (Windhelm Bridge Overhaul installed) + constant stuttering/lagging. Now I've got a 980 Ti GPU and an i5 processor. As a general question, why is my fps so low and why do I have stuttering when my GPU is already so overkill for skyrim? Do I have a setting wrong or is there something I can do to minimize this? 

Edited by MKeener