Backtracking during 2.N. Patches ??

ceran

Question

gharr i feel like im trying to build a nuclear reactor here  ;) everything has to be perfect

i'm at literally the final part of the install.. processing the Dyamic Distant Objects LOD which is taking a long time as was warned... and i realized that I accidentally selected the STEP Core Bashed Patch instead of the STEP Extended Patch (yes so far I was doing the Extended install with all the mods)

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2

I cancelled the Processing of DDOLOD and reverted to a previous backup right before 

I tired installing the STEP Compilation Installer again and this confirmed that I had not noticed that it wasn't letting me install the Extended version

eZSb0Ea.jpg

i have installed every single mod without any problems

why isn't it letting me select "extended"? 

will it make any difference? 

thanks

Edited by ceran

7 answers to this question

ah i see, i am probably missing the content add-on for this:

https://wiki.step-project.com/AMidianBorn_Book_of_Silence#Recommendations

before i can use the Extended install

probably because it said I needed the Bashed patch before i can install the content add on, but that comes AFTER the STEP compilation installer and I thought you have to do things in order 

ill try to fix it

ah i see, i am probably missing the content add-on for this:

https://wiki.step-project.com/AMidianBorn_Book_of_Silence#Recommendations

before i can use the Extended install

probably because it said I needed the Bashed patch before i can install the content add on, but that comes AFTER the STEP compilation installer and I thought you have to do things in order

ill try to fix it

Yeah, that warning basically means to make sure you run the bashed patch later. STEP does want you to install the Book of Silence during that step.

To fix it, install the mods and move them in the left pane below the aMidianBorn Blade of Woe mod and above the aMidianBorn Imperial Light and Studded mod.

You can install the Book of Silence mods individually or merge them into one, it doesn't matter, just install the different Book of Silence mods in the order listed.

i wish i read that before

now when i saw that it wanted the Content Addon '

1. directly under the aMidianBorn Book of Silence mod/s in the left pane of Mod Organizer (Priority Column)

+

here is an incorrect file path in Book of Silence which needs to be fixed:

20px-Info-Logo.png      Notice:if the 4K variant is used these steps can be skipped.
  1. After all files are installed, double-click on the Book of Silence - Dragonborn DLC mod

i tried to delete the merged file and install them seperately but everything got screwed up. i just mindlessly merged them because i didn't realize that they were supposed to be separate mods, if i see merge i just click merge. i guess you just copy and paste the file name from the Guide and use that as the title? ie "aMidianBorn Book of Silence CREATURES"

how do you stop these sub-folders from forming

VIpCz4T.jpg

Edited by ceran

Like I said, it doesn't matter if you install them together into one merge or install them separately, just install them in order. I have had them installed both ways with the same effect.

As for the view, this is just a guess, but I think you have it set to filter by Nexus ID. Open up the filter part by clicking the arrow next to it, and scroll down to the very bottom. There is a very small blank space you can click on below the list of filters. If you click there, it should make it filter nothing, which will show everything.

I have never seen that particular view myself, but somebody else did post about it. Maybe try a search if my suggestion doesn't return things to normal.

Edit:

success! it lets me install the Extended patch. I'll go with "No ELE" cause i want to install an EMB later

but whats the problem with the combined plugin now??

ByOy9uI.jpg

No problem there. You are supposed to select "None". If you read the explanation, it tells you those options are only if you don't use one of the STEP patches.

yes you are right!!!

this text shows up in the window

***ONLY*** select one of the following options if you could not or did not install one of the STEP Patches! If you selected a STEP Patch on the previous page, you will not be able to select either of the options below.

Please continue the the installation by choosing one of the options below or clicking the "Next" button at the bottom.

but if you move your mouse near the options (as i do automatically when clicking through menus) the text dissapears and i managed to miss it every time.

thanks!

also selecting "no groups" at the bottom as uncollapsed the mod lists, thanks again, dont know how i did that - must have been frantic clicking :)