Can't run anything from MO?

drakan

Question

Basically just as it says in the title, whenever I try to run an exe through MO nothing happens, I get the little window with the "MO locked while running executable" message, it stays there for about half a second and then just closes itslef as if I hadn't run anything at all, while there are no error messages, the log at the bottom of MO gives a message of "start of (file) was caceled by plugin"

This started happening when I downloaded the latest version of FNIS, before that everything was running as it should, after the update I tried running the generate FNIS thing and this started happening, first I thought it was just an issue with that program, but then I noticed it was affecting everything I tried to run.

6 answers to this question

Sure, here's the log shown after only opening MO and trying to run SKSE to get the message I mentioned

22:49:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
22:49:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
22:49:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
22:49:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
22:49:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
22:49:52 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
22:49:53 [D] ssl support: 1
22:49:53 [D] Working directory: C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer
22:49:53 [D] MO at: C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer
22:49:53 [D] initializing core
22:49:53 [D] initialize plugins
22:49:53 [D] looking for plugins in C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer\plugins
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "bsaExtractor.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "checkFNIS.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "diagnoseBasic.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "gameFallout3.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "gameFalloutNV.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "gameOblivion.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "gameSkyrim.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "iniEditor.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "installerBAIN.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "installerBundle.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "installerFomod.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "installerManual.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "installerNCC.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "installerQuick.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "NMMImport.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "previewBase.dll"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "pyCfg.py"
22:49:53 [D] loaded plugin "proxyPython.dll"
22:49:53 [D] game path: C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE
22:49:53 [D] managing game at C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE
22:49:53 [D] setting up configured executables
22:49:53 [D] configured profile: Default
22:49:53 [D] validating login cookies
22:49:53 [D] initializing tutorials
22:49:53 [D] loaded language en_US
22:49:53 [D] interface Wi-Fi seems to be up (address: fe80::f95b:aef7:4e64:1cc3%2)
22:49:53 [D] displaying main window
22:49:54 [D] retrieving credentials
22:49:54 [D] C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved
22:49:55 [D] user is not premium
22:52:53 [D] C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer\profiles\Default\initweaks.ini saved
22:52:53 [D] C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer\profiles\Default\plugins.txt saved
22:52:53 [D] C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer\profiles\Default\loadorder.txt saved
22:52:53 [D] C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
22:52:53 [D] start of "C:/Games/TESV Skyrim LE/skse_loader.exe" canceled by plugin
22:52:53 [D] C:\Games\TESV Skyrim LE\ModOrganizer\profiles\Default\archives.txt saved
 []

In Mod Organizer, click Settings (the screwdriver and wrench icon at the top-left), click the Plugins tab, and click FNIS Checker. Is the FNIS Checker plugin enabled? If it is, run GenerateFNISForUsers to make sure it generates all the animation files.

In Mod Organizer, click Settings (the screwdriver and wrench icon at the top-left), click the Plugins tab, and click FNIS Checker. Is the FNIS Checker plugin enabled? If it is, run GenerateFNISForUsers to make sure it generates all the animation files.

Yes, it's enabled, that doesn't seem to be the problem, I've used FNIS before, the thing is that I can't get it to run.

In the Nexus forum there was a discussion about this very matter that you could examine.

Start at this post and read all the replies down to the one from @Tannin42 (MO's author).

Thanks, but sadly that hasn't been much help, as the post from tannin says, I'd need to run FNIS to avoid SKSE being "canceled by plugin", but the problem is that FNIS is also impossible to run because of this, and I don't remember ignoring any warning like the one mentioned in that post either, I always run FNIS pretty much any time I do any changes to anything.

Though now I'm certain the problem is with my FNIS, I tried disabling it  and sure enough SKSE managed to run (well kinda, it CTDd on the main menu, but at least it opened), I'll try reinstalling the older version and see if that works.

EDIT: yup, I just reinstalled v5.5 and everything is running again, this was more than likely a screw up on my part when trying to update to the latest version.

Edited by drakan