Optional Textures

Silverwind

Question

I have been reading for weeks and researching everything in preparation for my vacation so I can put this long list to the test. This is by far one of the most in depth mod step by steps I have seen, and would like to give it a go. With that said, I was wondering if anyone has tried and succeeded in using something other than the Mature Skin?

It is the only one I think I would like to change, but am not willing to break the entire process if it can't be changed.

Any input would be very welcome, and no matter what, thanks to the author. This is an amazing amount of work to provide for others.

3 answers to this question

Mature Skin is just a skin texture set, if you don't like Mature Skin I'd go for something like idk Real Girls Realistic Body Texture (though I don't think it's completely finalized)

Excellent, thank you. The part where you mention, (though I don't think it's completely finalized), can we not still just follow the instructions they have given and use the list that's out already? For instance  just following these steps as already written https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition, and just replacing say...your Real Girls Texture, and moving forward? I just want to be sure following that guide as it is right now would result in a playable game by the time I finished. Sorry, although I may be pretty studied in the tools needed, the actual process listed still seems rather daunting to me due to my own lack of trying large lists. 

I use a different skin texture on mine.  I use Sporty Sexy normals and SG textures.

What I would suggest is to first install SR:LE as listed, then copy that profile to another one.  Make your modifications to the new profile.  One thing to watch out for, I believe that the Conflict Resolution patch that Neo provides includes a resolution that has to do with Mature Skin (I checked.  There are actually two of them, both in the Race section).  So you will have to disable the conflict resolution in the new profile and re-create it.  BTW, any differences between the two profiles will have to be named differently.  For example, in the normal SR:LE you would have Conflict Resolution.  In your new one (I call my profile SRLE-PrettyWomen), name it something like Conflict Resolution (SRLE-PrettyWomen).  That way, in SR:LE, you can still have the vanilla SR:LE install to fall back on, but your new profile will only use the new conflict resolution.  You will also probably need re-do all the steps after the Conflict Resolution step, and remember to name the "mods" created differently.

Edited by Yippee38