STEP ddsopt HRDLC1 not optimized

Utherek

Question

So I have followed all the steps through 1.C install utilities but am having one problem. In the Vanilla optimized folder and the Vanilla Optimized archive there are only 3 files. It seems that the HRDLC1 was not optimized. I ran step 2 (2_Skyrim_Pre-optimization_NoSort_2.8.bat) and everything appeared fine. If I understand everything correctly the file would not have even been executed if I was missing even one file, or it least would have told me. All the files in HRDLC1 are there but for some reason they weren't optimized. EVerything else appearas to be in order i.e. HRDLC2-3 and STD. How important is this step and can I move on without completion to the INI adjustments?

4 answers to this question

If you install the STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures (in 2.D. Fixes), you don't need to optimize the HRDLC at all.

Thank you for the fast reply. Looks like a pretty straight forward install for the STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures. Anything special I need to do since certain files were optimized? If I recall correctly the MO should handle everything right?

Edited by Utherek