MO Sorts oddly

rayhne

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm sorry, I'm just really confused. MO keeps moving Dragonborn and the patch down, which means it keeps overwriting that I don't want overwritten. Can I or should I do something about that?

When I move the cleaned Dragonborn esp below the unmanaged one then it overwrites things.

Edited by rayhne

I'm sorry, I'm just really confused. MO keeps moving Dragonborn and the patch down, which means it keeps overwriting that I don't want overwritten. Can I or should I do something about that?

When I move the cleaned Dragonborn esp below the unmanaged one then it overwrites things.

The "Cleaned" ESMs should be below, ie. have a higher priority number, than the unmanaged ESMs! That's the whole point of cleaning them, so that those files are used and not the originals.

I'm doing a new install using STEP. I had to do the clean Update, Dawnguard, etc setting up Cleaned <name> ESM. Now MO keeps giving me a Potential Load Order error and when I let it sort it puts the Dragonguard.esm under the Cleaned Hearthfire EMS, which screws things up. Why is it doing this and how do I get it to stop?

Okay, it keeps insisting on moving the unmanaged Dragonborn under the unmanaged Hearthfire and it's really starting to tick me off. So I switched things around. Lets see what happens.

Edited by rayhne

I'm doing a new install using STEP. I had to do the clean Update, Dawnguard, etc setting up Cleaned <name> ESM. Now MO keeps giving me a Potential Load Order error and when I let it sort it puts the Dragonguard.esm under the Cleaned Hearthfire EMS, which screws things up. Why is it doing this and how do I get it to stop?

Okay, it keeps insisting on moving the unmanaged Dragonborn under the unmanaged Hearthfire and it's really starting to tick me off. So I switched things around. Lets see what happens.

If you allow the PMOP tool to "fix" that order, keep in mind the actual *.ESMs are NOT being moved. What is being moved are the "Unmanaged" mods, ie. the BSAs foe each of those DLCs.

Remember: Left pane is mods, right pane is plugins.

Please see this topic.

So I can just leave the moved Dawnguard and USLEEP where MO moves them?

Never mind. I can't leave them where MO moves them because then they over-write things I don't want them overwriting.

Edited by rayhne

Part of the STEP process is to turn off PMOP warnings, so I personally don't know what warnings you are seeing.

The left pane should read:

Cleaned Update ESM

Unmanaged: Dawnguard

Cleaned Dawnguard ESM

Unmanaged: HearthFires

Cleaned HearthFires ESM

Unmanaged Dragonborn

Cleaned Dragonborn ESM

SKSE

PapyrusUtil

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01

Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02

Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03

Unofficial High Resolution Patch

STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures

(other STEP mods from top of list to bottom)

It really doesn't matter where SKSE and PapyrusUtil go (for the most part), but I threw them in there.

To turn off the PMOP warning, check the instructions on this page. Specifically, the bit about going to Settings and then: "Go to the Plugins tab and click Basic diagnosis plugin on the left and double-click true next to check_modorder and change it to false."

For the right pane (plugin pane), just run LOOT. Assuming you install things in the correct order per STEP, you shouldn't run into any issues.

Edited by Nebulous112