MO "restore point"

blackmagic12345

Question

Hey guys, im wondering if its at all possible to create a sort of "restore point" for MO. Ive been having serious issues with my game (im one of those guys that has 100+ mods installed) and would like to back up all the mods and their settings before going further (still need to reinstall some of the animation mods to get my daggers/swords back on my back...) Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT -> can i just copy everything from the MO folder to some other location and if anything breaks again just copy and overwrite everything?

Edited by blackmagic12345

4 answers to this question

Yes, you can copy the Mod Organizer folder in its entirety to some other location and use this as a backup. I do this after making changes t o a profile so I have good backup copy in case something happens and it generally works well. You can also do this to quickly get Mod Organizer up and running on a new computer if you upgrade at some point (so you don't have to setup all those profiles from scratch).

I'm looking for info on how to restore my mods after reinstalling Skyrim. I have a nice stable game with well over 200 mods. I don't want to risk having to reinstall, configure and troubleshoot all of that again!

For instance, if I go to a new computer, is it just simply a matter of reinstalling Skyrim, copy/pasting the MO folder and firing up Skyrim?

(That sounds way too easy!)