Problems with FNIS and SKYUI versions launched through MO

Aerandor

Question

This is a continuation of a previous topic, but as the initial problem was solved, I have posted the current problems under a new topic. Currently, I cannot get SKSE launched through mod organizer to work with FNIS and SKYUI, despite following tutorials carefully to ensure they were properly installed. A number of errors appear after launch, though the game itself does not crash. However, the camera begins in an unconventional position once the game begins. Here is a link to the zipped archive of the "Sensual" profile:

https://copy.com/3EvIpV64HA4tDjJ3

Note that there are mods from loverslab listed in the mod list but which I do not currently have active in the profile.

Edited by Aerandor

7 answers to this question

Hang on, hang on, you stated in the last post of the previous thread that you now have no issues with SKSE. Why is it you are now saying SKSE still doesn't load?

Perhaps you should abandon this current profile and take your time to install each mod/tool individually to ensure they are working before proceeding.

SKSE should be installed following this guide.

I suggest you also fix your INI files, as this is most likely the cause of your odd camera position, by using the Skyrim Project INI

FNIS should be installed following this guide.

Now, to ensure the correct assets are loaded by MO when you run the game you must set the correct priority for the mods you have installed.

The Mod Organizer wiki explains all the relevant information you need, specifically take note of 'Left Pane'.

Mods at the top of the left pane, those with a low priority number, will be overwritten by those below them. So for FNIS this means you need the main FNIS mod, then the Creature Pack if you want creatures to have specific animations, then the Spell pack if you have custom spell animations, then you must run FNIS and save the output from "Overwrite" to a mod and load that after these. Any other mods that affect animations need to be placed after the main FNIS mod and before the output you create after running the tool.

I should also suggest you examine one of the guides STEP has, such as "Skyrim Revisited", for setting up a modded game. Although the choices of mods will be different, you should see the general flow of installation and how it affects the game.

I think you read the statement wrong. SKSE loads, but FNIS and SKYUI have problems with it. Thanks for the advise though and I will investigate those links and report back if I can work things out or not.

Edited by Aerandor

FNIS doesn't need SKSE so there is no issue with getting it to work in MO, with or without SKSE.

SkyUI will tell you exactly what is wrong with your setup when you install it. The FOMOD script will provide detailed information if you have:

1. an incorrect or out-of-date version
  2. not installed the scripts
  3. or even if SKSE is completely missing