[LOOT] Recommended Bash Tags Question

Shadriss

Question

So I only just now took a serious look at other things that LOOT does, especially since the new release. One of the things it now APPEARS to be doing is recommending bash tags to add or remove (in green and red, respectively) to individual eps in your load order. I have to question this slightly, as I'm not one for going that in depth generally, and pretty much every mod has a recommendation of one type or another to make. Looking for any experiances from others or general thoughts on this, and if it's worth the effort to go through WB to make it's bash tags match what LOOT recommends.

EDIT: Further info - it also appears to recommend a whole host of tags that don't show in my WB install... most of them begin with 'C.whatever', and seem to cover a whole host of things, where the tags I have avail are a short list. Did I miss something somewhere?

Edited by Shadriss

6 answers to this question

"New" bash tags aren't available for release versions yet. Have a look here for updated (but not safe to use) versions of WBhttps://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1534516-wipz-wrye-bashexp-skyrim-patcher-update-thread-3/

Not 100% sure if WB is taking into consideratio loot suggestion even if they're not embeded in the plugin' desc. IIRC it does it, but only if the mod is in "automatic tagging" (i.e. the Bash Tags field in WB is lightly greyed for this plugin, and if you right click there, you'll notice that "Automatic" is ticked).

Good enough for me. Curious what those other tags will do, but since they don't seem to be fully implemented... *sigh*

Back to Skyrim...

Basically automate a large part of what's currently done by manual patching to create things such as STEP Patches (those you install at the very end of your installation).

The tags on plugins are so that when the bashed patch is created it knows how to properly combine plugins into the bashed patch based off of the bash tags set for the plugins.

EDIT: Like Kesta said, it allows for more automated patching so less manual patch editting is required to get desired results.