Sorting Masters errors

Yippee38

Question

I got to the end of the SR:LE guide where you do the LOOT sorting, then sort the masters via TES5Edit.  When I do that, and exit TES5Edit, it says "Save changed files:" and lists:

RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp

Immersive Patrols II.esp

CCO_SIC_Patch.esp.  When I click OK, I get the following errors:

Could not delete

<steamapps directory>\common\Skyrim\Data\RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp

Then the same for

Immersive Patrols II.esp

and

CCO_SIC_Patch.esp.

Obviously, that's the wrong directory, but why is it trying to delete those files?

Anybody have any idea what I did wrong?

6 answers to this question

If you're using Mod Organizer, you shouldn't have anything in the Skyrim data directory except the vanilla mods. Have you tried removing all the extraneous files in Skyrim\Data and trying again?

I don't have those files in the Skyrim/Data directory.  I don't have any mods there.  I'm sure that's why it's giving an error, but I don't know why it's looking there.

An important thing to remember with any tool used inside MO is that they don't know they are running inside MO's VFS, to them it IS the Data directory they are saving to.

What this means is most error messages like that aren't actually referring to the 'real' data directory but the one MO has tricked xEdit into seeing.