Mountain Parallax Glitch

DivineWind

Question

Firstly, thankyou very much for such a great guide.

I have run through the complete SRLE guide recently on 2 seperate computers and both are having the same problem.  I had installed an earlier version of the guide last year and never had this problem.

The texture on mountains and rocks with moss are becoming extremely distored and have a liquidly bending effect as i move around them, and the moss sometimes looks unattached from the rock.  It looks like a parallax problem between Moss Rocks and Vivid Landscapes but I really don't know.  I have reinstalled the moss rocks compatibility patch but that makes no difference.  I saw a report of the same problem on the VL nexus page, but seems like no answers yet.

I really hope someone can help me with this. Please let me know if I should upload a screenshot or something else to help.

Thanks for any help.

4 answers to this question

I think he's talking about the normal sliding textures on rocks which I call texture creep.

Its really easy to tell with Moss Rocks but if you dislike it then I think there is a no parallax option for mountains.

I tired out a few retextures and they all did it except one but its no longer available. If you search for "skyrim realistic texture overhaul mountains" then you can look at the results.

There was one mod called regional snow and ice which may be an interesting replacer.

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe it is just that, but I think there is another problem because it didnt look like this on an earlier instalation of SRLE (with an older version of vivid landscapes and the seperate mod version of moss rocks.

I managed to make it much better by installing the moss rocks patch from "rocking stones and mountains" (original mod) overtop of SRLE install.  I was thinking maybe the moss rocks patch in vivid landscapes AIO needs to be updated if there were changes in updates to the Ruffled Feather or something, but if other people dont have the same problem that mustn't be right. Either way I'm happy enough how it is now but will keep an eye out for anything else mentioned about this.