Mods, downloads are blank after installing Windows 10

hogboy52

Question

I did a clean install of Windows 10. Games are all on a separate partition. The Mod Organizer panels are now blank for both Skyrim and Fallout NV except for DLC's. All files are present in the MO installations as normal. Fallout 3 MO is normal except saves are gone. Oblivion MO is still good.

I don't know how to get everything back in place without installing one by one. 

post-6982-0-03858200-1432081277_thumb.png

post-6982-0-40455500-1432081127_thumb.png

6 answers to this question

Dat profile name.

Seriously though, if you saved the profiles folder and didn't by any chance lose whatever was in it, you should be fine, your mods and load order intact. I don't remember if I have ever seen this type of issue before... Are you running MO with admin rights? Not mixing up installations? Are the file paths used my MO for saving everything correct? Also, I wouldn't recommend using the 1.3.4/1.3.5 beta versions more so on an experimental preview release of Windows 10, the stable release has it's bugs too but it's nothing in comparison to what the beta versions have in store.

Did the "new" nVidia driver lure you in to use Windows 10 TP? I probably can't be much of help because I am not a user of the same OS.

Edited by EntropyZ

All the settings to the 'downloads', 'mods' and 'cache' folders can be set via the 'Settings' in MO's UI.

Just make sure they are pointing to the actual location that is where those assets are.

I'm not sure what settings are different for your FO3 game compared to Skyrim or FNV but the same principles apply.

If one game works, ie. it sees all the saves and mods, etc. then the other MO installs need to look at the paths to those things. Since the same code is used for all MO installs, it clearly isn't an issue of MO not working in Windows 10, just a case of user settings.

MO 1.3.5, BTW is working pretty soundly. One or two very minor issues but all in all a good choice.

Did the "new" nVidia driver lure you in to use Windows 10 TP? I probably can't be much of help because I am not a user of the same OS.

win 10 tp works just fine after you get around the blasted folder permissions but other than that there are some minor bugs.

The nVidia driver actually broke a ton of stuff.

Mo works just fine in windows 10. The issue is likely mismatched current directory verses the directory in MO's settings.

MO 1.3.5, BTW is working pretty soundly. One or two very minor issues but all in all a good choice.

1.3.5 still didn't fix the shortcuts. They still crash MO immediately, I thought the issue would obvious so I didn't even report it. Windows blames one of the .dll libraries. 1.3.4 ran OK all of the time but I wasn't looking to break the program on purpose or anything. It's just that beta software combos should be avoided for the most part, unless you're the type that debugs everything, reports issues, that sort of thing.

Edited by EntropyZ

1.3.5 still didn't fix the shortcuts. They still crash MO immediately, I thought the issue would obvious so I didn't even report it. Windows blames one of the .dll libraries. 1.3.4 ran OK all of the time but I wasn't looking to break the program on purpose or anything. It's just that beta software combos should be avoided for the most part, unless you're the type that debugs everything, reports issues, that sort of thing.

What do you mean "still didn't fix the shortcuts."?

If you are talking about the desktop shortcuts made from MO, then I see no issue with whatsoever, in fact 1.3.5 fixed the profile specific bug from the previous version. If you are seeing issues then by all means report them all, how are any to fixed if no-one mentions them.

Late reply, but thank-you, it was a simple fix. These were old installs and I had forgotten about the designated folders. My attempts at the Windows 10 on-line upgrade were quite FAIL so I went for a usb .iso download installation through Ubuntu. First try did not install (needs fat 32 format), but created a new drive, BD-Rom Drive (D) ?, and changed games(D) to (E). Two of the MO installs when initiated reset their drives to (E), but FONV and Skyrim insisted on (D).

I have a straight AMD system. I went to the new OS because Windows 7, when playing Skyrim, would often blue-screen or reset and I could not find a fix. I don't have a lot of play-time on the 10 OS, but I have not seen that so far.   

I noticed that Skyrim is near 50 gb! The plain Steam installation alone is 17gb.

Edited by hogboy52