A few bugs i have with the newest version of MO

Youwish1

Question

Hello people of S.T.E.P. I've been having a few issues with MO for the past month, i recently had to re-install everything on my pc because my HDD crashed and i had to get a new one. I've been using MO for awhile now and am fully aware of how everything works. But i cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing these errors, im going to post a quote of myself from reddit.

I'm using the newest version and it has a few bugs, maybe im in the minority here but. Sometimes when switching profiles it unchecks all my esps, same thing when creating a new profile(does it everytime). I get error messages quite a lot. When moving mods to overwrite certain mods it doesn't show up that it conflicts until i restart it, even when i refresh it doesn't show a conflict. It does this for some newly activated mods too.

[spoiler=here is an old log of some errors] DEBUG (18:45:34.0787): get file attributes: C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim_MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess -> C:\Users\ZeVish\Desktop\Mod Organizer\profiles\Racemenu chracter\saves\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess: ffffffff DEBUG (18:45:34.0787): C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess.tmp -> C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess.tmp DEBUG (18:45:34.0787): C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess -> C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess DEBUG (18:45:34.0787): source reroute: C:\Users\ZeVish\Desktop\Mod Organizer\profiles\Racemenu chracter\saves\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess.tmp - 1 ERROR (18:45:34.0789): not a mod directory: C:\Users\ZeVish\Desktop\Mod Organizer\profiles\Racemenu chracter\saves\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess DEBUG (18:45:34.0896): move (ex) C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess.tmp to C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess - 1 (183) DEBUG (18:45:38.0004): get file attributes: C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess -> C:\Users\ZeVish\Desktop\Mod Organizer\profiles\Racemenu chracter\saves\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess: 20 DEBUG (18:45:38.0004): createfile w: C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess -> C:\Users\ZeVish\Desktop\Mod Organizer\profiles\Racemenu chracter\saves\Save 22 - Prisoner Abandoned Prison 00.19.42.ess (80000000 - 3) = 000010F8 (0) DEBUG (18:45:38.0006): get file attributes: C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave\Save 21 - Ina Skyrim 01.10.16.ess -> C:\Users\ZeVish\Desktop\Mod Organizer\profiles\Racemenu chracter\saves\Save 21 - Ina Skyrim 01.10.16.ess: 20 DEBUG (18:45:38.0006): createfile w: C:\Users\ZeVish\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\MOProfileSave_\Save 21 - Ina Skyrim 01.10.16.ess -> C:\Users\ZeVish\Desktop\Mod Organizer\profiles\Racemenu chracter\saves\Save 21 - Ina Skyrim 01.10.16.ess (80000000 - 3) = 000010F8 (0)

Edited by Youwish1

7 answers to this question

Indeed i do. Another bug i should mention is that i know of two mods that will inject themselves into the game regardless if they're checked or not. And i noticed because i played on my other profiles and they had. Skyrim flora overhaul activated, even though that was not checked on any profile nor was it ever checked. And deadly mutilation, this one was checked on only my default profile but the meshes carried over to my others.

I ended up figuring it out and removed it completely and it fixed it completely, i am also 100% sure it was deadly mutilation. Same goes for flora overhaul, i removed it and it removed it from the game, so weird...just remembered another bug I had lol, after creating more than 10 profiles my skyrim ini and skyrim prefs would not recognize custom settings. It would only use vanilla and no matter what I did it would never recognize them. It also seems that I can't manually sort my load order even though it says "saved" it just reverts back to its default state.

Edited by Youwish1

It appears that when I run the manager it reads the lower placed profile and it gets applied to the current one. I deleted the Default profile and this made the current one the lowest. I haven't see the switch in this one. I will have to create some higher Alpha / numbered profiles and see if they default to the lower one.

As for the other problems you mention I can say I have not seen that, although there may have been other reports of similar things happening.

I just found out that if I check the "Automatic Archive Invalidation" and save, I can't uncheck it afterwards.

Yeah i was reading up on the bug tracker website and it appears that is a common problem with the newest version of MO. Don't know why this version is so buggy..i mean don't get me wrong i appreciate everything they do but this version seems like an alpha or not even that.

I too noticed my ESPs getting unchecked. Its been reported in the Issue Tracker here:

https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/1160

"confirmed. right now the MO switches to the top-most profile immediately after closing the profile management dialog and then switches back to the one that was selected before."

I was able to replicate exactly that.

I also noticed that MO saves the profile even if its not dirty (i.e.: hasn't been edited) so be careful

I found it easy enough to re-enable them by using the "Fix Mods" feature in the "Saves" tab (MO is ****ing amazing!). 

Edited by GameTourist