resolution question

Razorsedge877

Question

3 answers to this question

the resolution of the textures define the higher so called mip map level. The higher it is the more definition will be in the texture when the highest level is used... which is normally only visible when you are close to objects. 

Even at 1080p the textures will still look sharper than a 1024x1024 texture. The main constraint is not really your display resolution, but how much memory you got to store the textures, since they cost a lot at 4k. 

Thanks for the answers. I am looking to get three matching displays. 3 asus 4k monitors are about $2000, 3 asus 3d monitors are about $1500. Or I could get 2  more 50" tvs. I'm wanting to go with monitors because I know they are just better but it will be a change, down sizing to 28" screens. 32" to 40" would be nice. Some of the questions I ask myself are would I buy triple 4k screens (But probably have to buy another gpu or two, which in itself is a small investment), Or would I rather get 3 3d screens at a lower resolution.