Help with MO load order: Specifically the unmanaged official Skyrim data

vfxninjaeditor

Question

Hey,

It's been a long time since I have been on the forums. I decided to start playing again and use the new STEP. I am really unfamiliar with everything now. Haha. Could someone help me out? Somehow I have become very confused at the particular order the unmanaged archives are supposed to go in. I keep reading the instructions you wrote up but I can't wrap my brain around it. Sorry, it's stupid question but once you point it out I should be good. Here is a screen of my current order: https://grab.by/GY0y

7 answers to this question

For the mods in the STEP guide we strongly recommend using the installation order in the guide as this order has been extensively tested and shown to provide the best versions of the various game resources. The automated install order recommendations provided by MO 1.3.x are useful, especially when using sets of mods that have not been tested together, but it cannot evaluate all the resource conflicts that are considered when STEP manually creates a recommended installation order (e.g., which textures provided by a mod that replaces vanilla textures have better quality than equivalent textures from other mods). Note that these differences are not errors; MO is creating an automated set of recommendations using different criteria than those used when creating the STEP guide.

Very minor comment about your mod management.

In your MO, you are ordering the mods by 'Priority', which is good, but you have them sorted in reverse order with the mod with a '0' priority listed at the bottom of the screen. If you reverse that order it will match more closely with that of the guide's install order and any misplaced mods will be easier to see.