Constant short freezes

Penrutet

Question

First of all I would like to thank the STEP team for this wonderful guide. My Skyrim never looked this good before and yet it runs very smoothly.

However there's this strange error I'm encountering right now. My frame rate is always around 30-40 FPS, sometimes even above, however every 2 minutes I get these short freezes that last like 2 seconds and then the game continues. I made a video so you can see what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXjNjoM1U8&feature=plcp. I also started a new game where these freezes do not occur. They only appear in my old save game where I have played like 150 hours or something.

Do you have any idea what could be responsible for this. Is there still hope for my old save game or should I stick to my new one?

Thanks in advance,

Penrutet :)

9 answers to this question

Okay, I just enabled the papyrus log and played for a couple of minutes. Not only did my game freeze entirely this time, I also received a freakingly huge papyrus data (180MB!!!). But I think I know now what the problem seems to be: Apparently all the errors come from the mods Deadly Dragons and Convenient Horses.

For example: [09/17/2012 - 07:30:36PM] error: Unable to call IsRunning - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:[None].chquestscript.IsRunning() - "" Line ?[None].chquestscript.OnUpdate() - "CHQuestScript.psc" Line 62

I have both these mods enabled and they cause no problems in my new safe game but I had them active some time ago in my old save game as well and I probably uninstalled them the wrong way. (It even says so on the page of "Convenient Horses" - so much for reading the instructions carefully -.-) Is there any way to still save that old save file?

Its not likely but you can try using the method I outlined above. It'll take you a few hours to do, I don't know how attached you are to that character, but if you put in 150 hours another few to try and save it isn't crazy :P

Yeah, I'll definitely try it out. Thanks again ;)

Could someone tell me how to correctly update Requiem 1.7 to 1.7.3 in Mod Organizer, please? I'm doing a clean install and the two files must be "merged" or something like this. There is an detailed guide how to do it with Nexus Mod Manager but I can't use the guidlines for Mod Organizer.

I wonder why I landed in this thread, because I used the link to forum from this Wiki page, Maybe it's broken....

Edited by BUBISHI