Globe button (search nexus for more mods) don't work

L0Apafix

Question

It is not an issue, nor a major one, but it bothers me.

I know it is something simple that I'm missing but I can't point my finger on it. I tried searching, found a few non related to the  exact problem I'm having, tried to do what people suggested with no luck. So I ask here.

https://imgur.com/p5LbjG6

Whenever I press the globe, nothing happens, plain and simple nothing. I know know, use your google chrome, while I do that, I'm feel like I have to fix everything, just how i am, sorry :D

Edited by L0Apafix

8 answers to this question

Which version of MO do you use?

Have you tried following the MO Troubleshooting Guide?

This happens for me (or my wife, I can't remember) as well, but clicking "Download with manager" still works, so I never really bothered trying to fix it. Fairly sure we are using the latest non beta version, 1.2.18 I think.

I'm pretty sure I have the newest version, atleast that's what MO says. 

Tried most of the troubleshooting guides here on wiki

Can you post your ModOrganizer.ini here so we can see the settings? If the 'Download with Manager' button in Nexus works, so should the 'globe' button.

Also, when you execute the nxmhandler.exe in the root MO directory, what are the settings shown in that window? Are all your games managed by MO displayed correctly?

The ini file created by that tool should have settings similar to this:

[handlers]
size=5
1\games=fallout3
1\executable=C:\\Games\\Fallout 3\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe
2\games=other
2\executable=C:\\Games\\Nehrim\\oblivion.exe
3\games=oblivion
3\executable=C:\\Games\\Oblivion\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe
4\games=falloutnv
4\executable=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Fallout New Vegas\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe
5\games=skyrim
5\executable=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe

Each game that is managed by MO should have a setting such as those shown here. It doesn't matter the order they are listed, just that there is a listing.

That button would simply open the nexusmods.com/ page in your default browser.

A possible reason is that you run MO as administrator and your browser refuses to run with those permissions for safety reasons (I think IE may do that)

• +1 2

Can you post your ModOrganizer.ini here so we can see the settings? If the 'Download with Manager' button in Nexus works, so should the 'globe' button.

Also, when you execute the nxmhandler.exe in the root MO directory, what are the settings shown in that window? Are all your games managed by MO displayed correctly?

The ini file created by that tool should have settings similar to this:

[handlers]
size=5
1\games=fallout3
1\executable=C:\\Games\\Fallout 3\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe
2\games=other
2\executable=C:\\Games\\Nehrim\\oblivion.exe
3\games=oblivion
3\executable=C:\\Games\\Oblivion\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe
4\games=falloutnv
4\executable=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Fallout New Vegas\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe
5\games=skyrim
5\executable=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mod Organizer\\ModOrganizer.exe

Each game that is managed by MO should have a setting such as those shown here. It doesn't matter the order they are listed, just that there is a listing.

Didn't understand much of that, when reading about this on the STEP forum before asking I read about something about deleting NXM line in the Local Data in google chrome App data folder, but that didn't solve much. I will try and do what you told me when I'm home

That button would simply open the nexusmods.com/<gamename> page in your default browser.

A possible reason is that you run MO as administrator and your browser refuses to run with those permissions for safety reasons (I think IE may do that)

Hmm, think I actually did that, but I use GC. Anyways I will reply back with luck because I think I run as admin.

thanks again

When you use Chrome to visit any of the Nexus pages and you download a file, does MO handle the download or does it become one of Chrome's downloads?

Or to put it another way, when you start a download does MO load and the download appears in the 'Downloads' tab?

Your ini files look fine to me so there isn't anything out of place there.

When you use Chrome to visit any of the Nexus pages and you download a file, does MO handle the download or does it become one of Chrome's downloads?

Or to put it another way, when you start a download does MO load and the download appears in the 'Downloads' tab?

Your ini files look fine to me so there isn't anything out of place there.

yes, the downloads goes directly through MO whenever I press Download with manager. So that is what really is weird