Steps in the SR guide that call for loading all checked esps in TES5Edit results in fatal exception errors for missing (not yet installed) esps

peppergomez

Question

OK I think I've figure out what has been messing me up with TES5Edit. For those steps in the SR install process that call for running TES5Edit will all plugins checked, that is resulting in fatal exception errors for esps, like "RBB SR Merge.esp needs BFT Ships and Carriages.esp to be loaded before it."

I just realized that I haven't yet installed BFT Ships and Carriages, so no wonder that is happening. 

These errors in TES5Edit are preventing me from making some necessary edits that the SR instructions call for.

Basically, when the SR guide calls for "Open TES5Edit then click [OK] to load all currently activated ESPs." that seems to be resulting in these fatal exception errors like the RBB/BFT one, because BFT isn't yet installed.

The stage of the SR install I am at now is finishing the Realistic Shelter install, which calls for this. I cannot complete this with TES5Edit throwing the fatal exception error, so I've unchecked both Bathing and Skyrim (it's missing Realistic Room Rental, which I haven't installed yet) and RBB SR Merge. TES5Edit loaded fine.

Open TES5Edit and click [OK] to load all plugins.
Right-click RSPatch.esp and select "Apply Script".
In the drop down, select "RSPatcher" and click [Ok].
When the pop up message appears select [Create Patch].
Click [Yes] when prompted about adding masters to the patch.
Exit TES5Edit and save RSPatch.esp.

Finally, is this something that others have encountered? I wonder if the SR guide should be updated to discuss this possibility. 

Edited by peppergomez

6 answers to this question

It's very simple. If you're loading something that has a master that is installed later, you simply uncheck the ESP that is relying on the as yet uninstalled master if and when you're running the game.

When the master is installed, you can then recheck the esp(s).

• +1 1

Hmm, I've now installed everything, and run BUM and BOSS. TES5Edit (which is starting to piss me off) is squawking that Bathing in Skyrim Main.esp requires master Realistic Water two.esp to be loaded before it.

I've already created and saved that rule in BUM and verified that the needed esps were selected in the TES5Edit window, so what gives?