Could someone be kind and explain the "no drag and drop" feature mod listings?

Halde

Question

Hi all!

So I've recently gotten back to playing me some Skyrim. I've just added ELFX, and after installation I could change it's priority in the left side mod list because I am not "sorting by priority" whatever that means. I don't know if ELFX should be the bottom mod in my installation order or not, but in case it shouldn't, it would be nice to be able to move it. So is there are workaround?

~Sincerely

Halde

5 answers to this question

I have a followup question. What is this "Amber" folder in my installation order? It puts in Bashed Patch there, although Bashed Patch has always been my 2nd to last mod on the installation order (the last being DSR Output).

It's continues to confuse me why this is so hard to understand.

The mod list is always sorted by one of the properties of the mod: i.e. Name, version, installation date, priority.

When you drag&drop a mod while the list is sorted by name, what do you expect happens? Should MO invent a new name so that the mod goes where you dropped it? When sorting by version, should MO change the version number of the mod so that it fits where to dropped it?

How should drag&drop work when not sorting by priority?

I had no idea there were different sorting parameters, until I saw this feature. I don't know why MO would go and change the parameter that it automatically assumed when I downloaded it the first time, and continued using in all updates, until the one i updated it to now. 

Can you tell me about this, seemingly automatically created map called "Amber"? It contains some of my mods, and I have no idea why.

And perhaps even a, what I hope to be, last thing. MO has started colour coding my left mod list. One of the colours are red, which is typically alarming, and the other is green, which is "yaay". It seems to change colour at random when I highlight the mods (by leftclicking them once).

~Sincerely

Halde

Edited by Halde