unable to Papyrus Compiler Fix b/c I can't navigate to folder location from cmd line

peppergomez

Question

Hi all,

Based on Neo's instructions:

"Download and run the "Windows SDK for Windows" corresponding to the target OS.

Install to the default location and select only ".NET Framework Software Development Kit".
Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/<Version>/bin/NETFX <Version> Tools using the command prompt.
Execute the following command: corflags /32bit+ "<Full Skyrim Path>/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe""

I have opened the Windows cmd.exe and at the C:\Users\<my name> prompt, I have typed, without spaces, the folder location for the NETFX 4.5.1 Tools folder:

"C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX4.5.1Tools" (without the quotes, obviously)

I encounter the message "C:\ProgramFiles is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"

Can anyone assist? Thanks.

13 answers to this question

Any paths that contain spaces in the name must be enclosed in double quotes.

corflags /32bit+ C:\Skyrim Steam Install\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe

incorrect

corflags /32bit+ "C:\Skyrim Steam Install\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe"

correct

Likewise for the path before the corflags switch.

• +1 1

Thank you, Citizen.  I have installed PapyrusAssembler and PapyrusCompiler exe configs into Skyrim>Papyrus Compiler.

Can you clarify if this means that I am okay to have completed these steps:

Download and run the "Windows SDK for Windows" corresponding to the target OS.
Install to the default location and select only ".NET Framework Software Development Kit".

And that I don't have to complete the following steps? Thanks.

Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/<Version>/bin/NETFX <Version> Tools using the command prompt.
Execute the following command: corflags /32bit+ "<Full Skyrim Path>/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe"

Thank you, Citizen.  I have installed PapyrusAssembler and PapyrusCompiler exe configs into Skyrim>Papyrus Compiler.

Can you clarify if this means that I am okay to have completed these steps:

Download and run the "Windows SDK for Windows" corresponding to the target OS.

And that I don't have to complete the following steps? Thanks. Are there any additional steps that I should complete?

Execute the following command: corflags /32bit+ "<Full Skyrim Path>/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe"

I run PapyrusCompiler.exe and the cmd window appears for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

Can anytime help me successfully follow Neovalen's original instructions:

"Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/<Version>/bin/NETFX <Version> Tools using the command prompt.

Execute the following command: corflags /32bit+ "<Full Skyrim Path>/Papyrus Compiler/PapyrusCompiler.exe"""

Edited by peppergomez

I was trying to do this myself today too.  This is the file that I installed:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279

I can install it just fine, but I don't end up with a "Microsoft SDK" folder.  I tried just installing the .NET options, and installing the default settings.  It gives the option to select the "Destination Folder for Tools" and the "Destination Folder for Samples".  The default locations for those are:  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Samples" respectively.  However, when I try to navigate to those folders, the Microsoft SDKs folder doens't exist. 

I'm guessing this is why they OP is having the same problem.

For me the install did createa a Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools folder, which a bunch of files inside. During the install, I selected just the .NET option as per Neo's guide.

It's just that I have next to no experience with the cmd line and my attempts to paste the folder location into the cmd line prompt haven't been successful. 

Oh.  Ok.  Do this:

cd \ [Enter]

cd Progra[tab] (I mean, hit the tab key at that point.)  It should fill in "Program Files" with the quotes.  Backspace out the last, hit the space bar and (x86) and hit [tab] again.  That should fill in "Program Files (x86)".  Hit [Enter].

Your command prompt should now say, "C:\Program Files (x86)". 

cd Microsoft SD[tab] [Enter]

cd Window[tab] [Enter]

cd v8.[tab] [Enter]

cd bin[tab] [Enter]

cd NET[tab] [Enter]

That should get you there.

Thanks Yippie

Small correction>

cd Microsoft SDKs

cd Windows

cd v8.1A

cd bin

cd NETFX 4.5.1 Tools

I get this error message: 

corflags : error CF002 : could not open file for reading

I must be typing something incorrectly. Here is what I am entering:

corflags /32bit+ C:\Skyrim Steam Install\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe

I also tried this (backslash in front of "32bit"):

corflags \32bit+ C:\Skyrim Steam Install\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe

Neovalin's example uses forward slash but Windows uses back slash. I tried all forward slash but it didn't work either.

Edited by peppergomez

If your command line starts with  C:/Users/yourname  you can type cd..  that is cd followed by two periods and hit enter and you will now see C:/Users. type cd.. again and enter again and you will be back to your needed basic C prompt. And any who re interested the 8.1 version DOES support windows 7, it says so a couple of lines down the page where you download it. That was what worked for me....I think, actually I am guessing I must get further along in the install to the part where this will be used and am hoping there are instructions To teach me how to use/test this. I also had no success with copy and paste for navigating to the tools folder. Had to do it one step cd (foldername) enter at the time as described above. Once there you can copy and paste the corflags switch and the "compiler path" with the quotation marks.