Unable to start game through MO

rayhne

Question

I decided to restart the game clean (due to problems I was having) so I fully uninstalled it and reinstalled the game. I started it through Steam to generate the .ini files then went to MO to test it as well. When I started with SKSE, I got to the main menu and selected NEW. It started to load and then crashed.

I have no mods loaded as yet, just the DLCs. I've played previous games through MO and SKSE with no problem. I can load the game with the Skyrim launcher, through Steam, and using the SKSE loader but not in any way through MO.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Since you have no mods installed, the simplest way to fix a broken install is to completely remove MO and re-install it.

Delete the folder in its entirety including any folders that contain mods installed in locations outside the MO folder. To clarify, if you have a folder of mods that you want to keep for later, MOVE them to a new location. The same is true for the 'downloads' folder.

Probably best to verify your files with Steam and re-install SKSE afterwards.

MO will automatically see all the executables as they exist and create the 'Run' options for you.

IF the game starts from a shortcut on your desktop, either with or without SKSE, or it starts from Steam, there should be no reason why MO won't start it.

I should also mention that MO needs to have no other mods installed from outside its overview, ie. manually or from Steam. You mentioned you have run MO before but you also said you had some problems. Just highlighting this in case the problems stemmed from that situation.

The problem seems to be ENBoost. I can now start the game fine when I start it using SKSE through MO but when I add ENBoost, that's when it crashes.

Never mind. Found the cuprit. Had 'eandSystemMemoryX64' set wrong

Edited by rayhne