Werewolf Eyes - Are they supposed to look so glowing white?

oqhansoloqo

Question

OK, so I originally installed the Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack - Default High Res option.  I DDSOpted it - this was probably over a year ago.  I got glowing white eyes in the game - looked horrid, like I had bright white blind eyes.  I don't know if this was a DDSOpt issue or an issue with the werewolf eyes file in the mod package... but after much pain-in-the-ass trying to figure out why it looked so crappy, I decided to grab the default werewolf eye file from the original package again and "yeah!" it looks much better.

It's been too much of a hassle to even bother going back to take screenshots of what it looked like prior to fixing it (plus I deleted the old file).  Sorry, but the improved eyes look like this: mainly white (not glowing white) with odd brown bars throughout.  I do have a screenshot of this.  I take it this is the intended look?

ScreenShot38_zpsaa725bd7.png

Now all said and done, I don't know if it was a DDSOpt issue of my own making or what.  I had DDSOpt'd the file a while back before some of the newest DDSOpt .ini updates.  Was there an error in the DDSOpt .ini previously that would have made the eyes look messed up?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

2 answers to this question

OK, I lied... I forgot that I did keep a copy of the messed up eyes.  Here's what they used to look like:

ScreenShot45_zpsba89dd87.png

Was this an issue with previous DDSOpt ini settings, and should I be concerned that other textures that I had optimized previously could be messed up like this?

Edited by oqhansoloqo