Steam In-Home Streaming and MO

gpthree

Question

5 answers to this question

You can start Skyrim on the host computer through MO and then go to the streaming computer and select the stream option. This will start the stream on the remote computer from whatever screen in on the host. Do not expect a very enjoyable experience on a heavily modded game. I was hovering around 16fps when I tried this on my setup.

Quote from the Steam in home streaming page:

"PLAY YOUR GAMES ANYWHERE IN YOUR HOME WITH STEAM IN-HOME STREAMING

When you log into Steam on two computers on the same network, they automatically connect, allowing you to remotely install, launch, and play games as though you were sitting at the remote PC."

Unfortunately the UI in MO will not work when it is streamed this way. There are some hacks out there like adding notepad.exe as an non-Steam game and streaming that. When it launches, hitting F1 will allow you to see the remote desktop, where you can launch any program you want. You can create an SKSE shortcut from MO to the desktop and run skyrim that way.

Sorry for not explaining it better. GSDFan's explanation of the function I'm trying to use is much clearer. Since my main PC is connected to the main TV in the house. I was trying to figure out how to play Skyrim while the new wife still uses the TV.

I'll probably just stick to other Steam games streamed from the PC to the Surface Pro 2 and stick to playing Skryim when I can get to the main PC itself. Or go back to NMM.....I'd rather not.